PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Bellagio Top Section Dead?

09-18-2002, 10:38 AM
Poker has been dying for a while now in Vegas. The games and tournaments in California have been dwarfing Las Vegas. Any speculation about why poker is droping off so quickly in Vegas. The top section at the Bellagio used to be thriving and now you're lucky to even find one game. I see more and more Vegas players in California. Is it just a matter of time before Vegas goes completely empty? The 30-60 hold'em games are terrible in Vegas. All pros and sophisticated locals. And the people that run the rooms, floormen and the like have horrible attitudes or just do a very poor job. It's like everybody in that town is burnt out. Compare their performance to the upbeat attitudes of the floor people at the Commerce Club. Well, there is no comparison. Anyway, I'd be interested in knowing what everyone thinks the reasons are for this demise. I guess it had to come eventually.

Gabe
09-18-2002, 04:06 PM
One of the problems is that professional gambler is an enviable profession in las vegas. This results in many local players, who are not all that great, "acting" like they are pros. This scares the tourists.