PDA

View Full Version : "LOST"

wh1t3bread
03-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Does anyone else watch this show? If you don't I seriously suggest getting the DVD when it comes out after the first season is over and watch it.

Last night's episodes was one of the best all season, IMO. For those of you who do watch it here is the number sequence again:

4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

This sequence has alot of interesting coincidences. First of all the number of survivors of the crash was 48 (which happens to be the first two numbers of the sequence).

The flight number of the plane was 815 (which is the 2nd two numbers of the sequence). 815 was also the # of the safe deposit box that Kate broke into during the bank robbery on an earlier episode.

Discuss.

BottlesOf
03-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I agree. The show is one of my favorites. I only semi watched last night b/c I was setting up my new pimp computer, but what little I got from it, I really liked.

Soul Daddy
03-03-2005, 01:24 PM
24 is the only show that comes close.

The closing scene last night was just creepy. I can't wait to see where this is going.

You actually remember the number of the safe deposit box?

wh1t3bread
03-03-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
24 is the only show that comes close.

The closing scene last night was just creepy. I can't wait to see where this is going.

You actually remember the number of the safe deposit box?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, know I didnt remember...but a friend brought it up as a "what if" and after some googling I found a few other people that were discussing the same thing on a message board and one of them posted a picture of her opening the box and it clearly shows "815".

Someone else on the same message board says that the Asian girl was supposed to get picked up at the airport and leave her husband at 8:15am, but I can't verify that.

wh1t3bread
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Check it. Pretty sure that says 815....

http://mrfantastico.com/lost/safedepositbox815.jpg

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I've never watched this show before but everybody I know keeps talking about how good it is. Should I try to jump into it now, or just wait for the first season to come out on DVD, and then jump into the 2nd season from there (assuming it comes out before the 2nd season)?

wh1t3bread
03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never watched this show before but everybody I know keeps talking about how good it is. Should I try to jump into it now, or just wait for the first season to come out on DVD, and then jump into the 2nd season from there (assuming it comes out before the 2nd season)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this first season has 24 episodes filmed and last night was 18 or something. I think you can probably get into the show if you watch the last 6 episodes and then if you buy the dvd it will all start to make sense. I think next week is repeat though, so you might just want to start there.

kipin
03-03-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think next week is repeat though, so you might just want to start there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that there won't be a new episode for 6 weeks. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I just recently started getting into this show, and it is indeed very good.

Crveballin
03-03-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hopped in sort of mid season and have been hooked since. Finally when I got my Tivo set up I was able to start watching normal TV shows. Tivo is a must! I think if you start now you will be a little "lost" but will start to catch on. Once you get the first season it will all make sense.

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Alright, I'm gonna go serching for episodes online tonight, and hopefully I'll be able to catch up a little by the time the new ones start. I'm moving off campus in May, and I'll be getting TIVO about 2 days after that.

Also, I think I've already had this discussion with you, but that avatar kicks ass.

Russ McGinley
03-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Lost is easily one of the top 5 shows on TV right now. Its totally different than what I thought it would be. Every episode has built every single main character (about a dozen of them I think) and the last few will rebuild on the key players (Sayid, Locke, Jack). I would probably wait until the DVD's or look for torrents (I've seen them available).

Also the next new episode will be in early-mid April (BOO!).

pshreck
03-03-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lost is easily one of the top 5 shows on TV right now. Its totally different than what I thought it would be. Every episode has built every single main character (about a dozen of them I think) and the last few will rebuild on the key players (Sayid, Locke, Jack). I would probably wait until the DVD's or look for torrents (I've seen them available).

Also the next new episode will be in early-mid April (BOO!).

[/ QUOTE ]

Torrents are easily available, by episode or total season up until now.

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 02:55 PM
What's a good site to get these torrents? I don't use them very much, once Loki was close and I got i2hub, I've pretty much stayed away from them.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 02:56 PM
torrentspy.com

type in lost, youll have all the episodes, each with a ton of seeders.

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Awesome, I'm watching some Lost tonight.

Thanks.

courttv_addict
03-03-2005, 03:48 PM
ok, sorry for the dumb question..but what extension do I need to play these torrent files? I want to catch up on the lost episodes..thanks.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, sorry for the dumb question..but what extension do I need to play these torrent files? I want to catch up on the lost episodes..thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just download the standard divx player, that will play them.

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 03:51 PM
You download the torrent file, which is really small, from the site. Then you need to go to bitorrent.com and get the actual interface. When you run the torrent it will start the program which will actually do the downloading.

The actual shows are avi's so WMP or QuickTime would work just fine once they're downloaded.

TimTimSalabim
03-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Not just the best show on TV now, quite possibly the best ever.

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
The first 17 episodes of LOST have been downloaded. Tonite's gonna be good.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first 17 episodes of LOST have been downloaded. Tonite's gonna be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus how fast was your transfer rate?

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I was getting about 480-510 kbps /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif GT

jstnrgrs
03-03-2005, 07:30 PM
and I have never missed an episode.

ethan
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You download the torrent file, which is really small, from the site. Then you need to go to bitorrent.com and get the actual interface. When you run the torrent it will start the program which will actually do the downloading.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to be using bittorrent much I'd suggest using Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) instead of the standard bittorrent client. It'll make managing your downloads much easier.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Burst!, which I found even simpler.

If you're going to be using bittorrent much I'd suggest using Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) instead of the standard bittorrent client. It'll make managing your downloads much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]