PDA

View Full Version : Copag

JTrout
03-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Used Copag cards for the first time last night.
Everyone liked them.
Opened 4 sets (8 decks), all good.

They are slick at first, (as are Kems), but shuffle well and held up well.

At $15 per set, I recommend them.

Cheers,
JTrout

Lottery Larry
03-03-2005, 01:03 PM
As do I, especially given the problems with Kems these days (and the loss of their replacement policy)

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I got these for $14.99 the other day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/2bluekent320.jpg

Kent style KEMs.
Pretty hard to come by, too.

Lottery Larry
03-03-2005, 01:33 PM
If you haven't yet, open them up and inspect both decks carefully. I got an older style of Kems recently as well, also on sale, and over 40 cards were damaged/marked between the two decks.

They'd obviously been opened and resealed- the cards weren't all in factory order.

Fins
03-03-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got these for $14.99 the other day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/2bluekent320.jpg

Kent style KEMs.
Pretty hard to come by, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
No linky - No likey /images/graemlins/mad.gif

- Fins

PS... Nice find & I like the style.

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't yet, open them up and inspect both decks carefully. I got an older style of Kems recently as well, also on sale, and over 40 cards were damaged/marked between the two decks.

They'd obviously been opened and resealed- the cards weren't all in factory order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, now you have me worried.
I should have known there was a catch.

They haven't arrived yet, but I'm already expecting bad things. I'll post here when I get them.

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No linky - No likey

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I left out the link on purpose. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I love this style, too.
I've read that people were surprised it was discontinued as it was their second best selling design after Arrow.

Hopefully they wont be in poor shape. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sdw
03-03-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same experience here. Ordered four decks, three of the four had serious printing problems including marks on the backs of the cards.

I'm returning them for a set of COPAGs.

ott
03-03-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No linky - No likey

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. Now no one else but you can get those cards for that price.

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No linky - No likey

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice. Now no one else but you can get those cards for that price.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about this?

Once I inspect the cards to see if they are in quality condition, I'll let you guys know where I came across them.

I suppose that I'm willing to share if they are quality cards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ott
03-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Since he won't post a link, here's some I've found for one dealer on eBay (http://search.ebay.com/kem-kent_Cards_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQcatrefZC12QQ fromZR10QQsacatZ10908QQcatrefZC6QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQ sadisZ200QQsellerZ1QQsassZitscheaponlineQQfsopZ1QQ fsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearch) for $10 + $5 shipping.

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey, fix your link so it's not huge. It stretches the thread out. Use the URL code to the right of the gramelins while you still have time to edit your post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/razor27/InstantURLCode.jpg

As I said, I WAS going to share once I inspected the cards, but you've already done it for me. I'm sure anyone reading this could have found it just as easily.

But I still recommend that nobody order any until I get the chance to take a very close look at these cards.

ott
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
For $15 including shipping, it can't be beat. Some may care about the cards being perfect, I still play with decks that has streaks of colors across the face of the cards. It's not a big deal to me or to some people.

AngryCola
03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For $15 including shipping, it can't be beat. Some may care about the cards being perfect, I still play with decks that has streaks of colors across the face of the cards. It's not a big deal to me or to some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fair, but just understand that I was honestly trying to protect people from getting defective cards.

I'll post their condition as soon as they arrive.
I'm expecting them tomorrow.

EStreet20
03-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey guys I just looked over that guy's offers on Ebay, those prices are a steal. Anyway, does anyone else have bells going off because both becks in the setups are the same color? I thought KEM setups always had two different colors or at least some difference in the decks. I'm wondering if this is a sign that they've been opened. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else thought that looked odd. Maybe the old KEMs came with two of the same color.
Take care,
Paranoid Matt from NJ

Lottery Larry
03-03-2005, 08:36 PM
These are usually bridge-sized cards.... would you want two different decks for bridge?

Lottery Larry
03-03-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a big deal if the BACKS are marked?

Irons
03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Since this is now a thread about KEM's, I'm not hijacking a thread to much (hopefully). What do you guys think of the "new" versus the "old" KEM's?

I wasn't as impressed with them, from what I got to see in the store. Ended up with Copags - decent cards and cheaper.

MrGrob
03-03-2005, 10:45 PM
I have used just about every plastic deck out there, and I would never buy anything but A Plus. The Copags that I used were fine at first, but if you used them for a time (one home game), they start to sick...and don't stop (their totaly shiny surface makes getting them wet a mortal sin during play also). A Plus cards are thicker then both Copag and Kem, look nicer (IMO), and have an excelent feel and snap. They are not shiny-slick, but rather have a very fine textue to them, and no matter the situation, they hardly ever stick too bad...and they shuffle wonderfully. They also do not warp like Kems do after extended use. And so far, of the decks I and other have had, I have seen only one printing error, and it is on my deck, on the # side of the 4 of diamonds, and even that is only a minor smear.

Here is just one site to check out A Plus cards...

Kardwell (http://www.kardwell.com/a-plus.htm)

(You can't see the faces of the cards, but the box in the middle of the value faces are shaded a light pastel yellowish color (had to discribe)...and it is a very nice touch.)

Every person who was looking for cards that I have shown A Plus cards to (I bring all the types I have), has pick-up a set for themselves. They really are great cards...and no, I don't have any stock in the company /images/graemlins/wink.gif

playersare
03-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I am a big fan of A-Plus cards too but I usually end up dealing KEM or Copag in my home games. Especially on smooth flat table surfaces, A-Plus cards slip and fly around too much - this wouldn't matter if you have have a felt top and/or padded rails though.

B&M cardrooms who don't use KEM generally deal Gemaco and A-Plus. I haven't seen Copag make any inroads towards the commercial market yet.

AngryCola
03-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I just recieved the cards in the mail.

Do NOT buy them unless you don't care about defects.

These have printing issues all over them.
There is a lot of smeared ink and such on both sides of the cards, and the faces on the paint cards have a bit of a distorted red look to them. Needless to say, they are going back in the mail.

It's too bad, because this is a really cool style of deck.

Johnny5
03-04-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Needless to say, they are going back in the mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

And unfortunately, likely resold to some other unsuspecting consumer...

J5

AngryCola
03-04-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Needless to say, they are going back in the mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

And unfortunately, likely resold to some other unsuspecting consumer...

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed by the amount of positive feedback this guy has, though. I mean, no recent complaints about the quality of cards at all. I'll be leaving neutral feedback if he sends me a refund.

Still, I'm not that surprised.
That design is hard to come by, so I should have known there was a big catch.
But I had to try!

Fins
03-04-2005, 05:29 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sorry to here that... I liked the backs.

Thanks for the update/warning... hard to believe the feedback didn't indicate something.

- Fins

AngryCola
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
Here is the response I received-

"I am very sorry to here there is a problem with your card set... It seems like every 100th deck or so has some issues. I can certainly give you a full refund…

Again I would like to apologize for this problem and hope future transactions go much smoother.

Anyone else smell that? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Johnny5
03-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I say get him to replace the deck then! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J5

AngryCola
03-04-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say get him to replace the deck then! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem I can see there is that I have to pay shipping back to him and again for the new deck. I'm not sure it's worth it to just to test his honesty.

Iron Butt
03-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Just in case anyone was considering using this vendor itscheaponline, I had a bad experience with him also. Long story short never got the goods I ordered, lousy customer service.

There are plenty of good dealers out there with practically the same prices and great customer service, which I would mention a couple of but I don't know what the spam standards are here.

I hope you get your refund OK.