PDA

View Full Version : KK turn raise

wuarhg
03-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Villain: 40/10, 1.3/1.7/1.2

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?!

J.R.
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
calls and calls/bets if checked to on the river. a villan with these stats could easily be semi-bluffign or effign around. You have position so there is no free showdown, a 3-bet folds some bluffs that may fire the river, and if he has a 4 it costs you the same as seeing a showdown, plus you may get the goofy paranoia and still call down if he caps (I do sometimes and seemingly can't help myself, that's why I don't 3-bet, plus 3-beting and folding to cap isn't the best image move).

mikeyKay
03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
call down. makes the most money off of a bluff, and loses the least when you are behind, but 3 betting might be ok also. your 3 bet gets called by a J, flush draw, and sometimes some crazy weak hand that you would never put him on, but it stops him from continuing his (semi)bluff. because of this i think just calling is best. anybody stop n go, or 3 bet?

-mike

wuarhg
03-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Thanks, just posting some of these checkraises I confronted today to check the standardness. Crazy how much I got checkraised, I had a hand = all fold, I had a weak hand or the board was ~ scary = checkraised/raised on turn /images/graemlins/grin.gif