PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea if I played this correctly

brettbrettr
03-03-2005, 11:43 AM
I was an 08 newbie a while back then took an 08 break so its safe to say that 6 months later I remain a newb.

In any case, I was hoping for some feedback on my play.

3/6 O8 at pokerroom. Pretty loose passive table, BB's never fold, etc. I'm in the MP3 with

A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 limpers, Hero raises, CO calls, 2 folds, SB calls, limpers call.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, 2 calls, Hero raises, all call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to hero who bets, all call.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to hero who bets, CO folds, SB calls, UTG raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

I figured I was spiltting the low with the SB who did nothing but call everything...and the UTG I figured for a set of tens on the river, or a 3, or something like that.

My play ok?

arcticfire
03-03-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was an 08 newbie a while back then took an 08 break so its safe to say that 6 months later I remain a newb.

In any case, I was hoping for some feedback on my play.

3/6 O8 at pokerroom. Pretty loose passive table, BB's never fold, etc. I'm in the MP3 with

A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 limpers, Hero raises, CO calls, 2 folds, SB calls, limpers call.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> I like the riase here , its a hand with a fair amount of postive EV </font>

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UTG bets, 2 calls, Hero raises, all call.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Again I like the raise here , you have one of the best flops you could hope for. </font>

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to hero who bets, all call.

River: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to hero who bets, CO folds, SB calls, UTG raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

I figured I was spiltting the low with the SB who did nothing but call everything...and the UTG I figured for a set of tens on the river, or a 3, or something like that.

My play ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn action was manditory. The river action , the only reason I wouldn't put in a re-raise would simply be because I didn't think SB would call the 2 bet. If I think the SB is going to call the 2 bet I'll chance it by putting in the re-raise. If the SB calls then you'll get another bet when UTG caps it out of him. If or not you are going to split the pot with SB is totally illrelavent in limit omaha. The simple fact that he did not raise the turn when typicaly even passive people will put in a raise would lead me to think he is not on it.

Don't get me wrong , all in all I'd say played very well.

brettbrettr
03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If or not you are going to split the pot with SB is totally illrelavent in limit omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 12:08 AM
I think this hand was played perfectly.

Moneyline
03-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Preflop: I like the raise. Your hand is very powerful and you are likely to get a multi-way pot.

Flop: A raise seems pretty automatic. You may drive out hands would end up beating your pocket queens for high, and even if you don't you are getting more money in the pot with a hand that is likely to grab at least part of the pot.

Turn: IMO this is a good card for you. Queens up may very well be best for high, and you still have the nut low. Good bet.

River: Looks like a blank, I like the bet. After it's raised, however, I would 3-bet. Yes, you may be getting quartered, but you also have a great chance of scooping the whole pot. If SB is a calling station, you may be getting him/her to put in bets with a hand that is beat both ways, if SB is tight a 3-bet could get this player to fold so-so high hands like a straight or a small boat. Jamming may seem to be counterintuitive here, but I'll try to expalin the rationale below...

Let's assume a very bad scenario where the pot gets capped 3 ways and you only end up getting 1/4. Your net for the river is -$6 (you put in $24 and you get back $18 of that).

Now lets assume a very good scenario. The pot goes to 3 bets 3 ways and you scoop. Now your net for the river is +$36 (you get $18 from both players). This shows that even if you think it is 5 times more likely that you'll get quartered instead of scooping RERAISING STILL SHOWS A PROFIT... and a fairly big profit of 1 big bet at that. So, IMO, if you have the nut low and even a small chance of having the best high hand on the river in a 3-way pot, jamming is the correct play... except for maybe a few situations where you think you'll make more by getting overcalls, but I don't think this particular hand is one of those exceptions.

brettbrettr
03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah, you're right. And on another board someone said the same thing and he too was right. I think I gave my opponents way too much credit. Turns out they both held naked A2, so I took 1/3rd of the low and the whole high with the QQ. I was shocked my queens won the high. Shocked.