PDA

View Full Version : QQ 6-max NL50 table

Raiser
03-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Hey guys. The new blind structure has me questioning whether I should re-raise PF with QQ. Previously I would 3-bet it here with the intention of getting all in pre-flop. I'm not sure how to play it now?

No read on MP. This is his first orbit. He bought in for $25.

Button is in a lot of pots, but doesn't seem to take them too far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP ($24.25)</font>
Button ($42.5)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($82.75)</font>
BB ($71.65)
UTG ($15.04)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, Button calls $4, Hero (poster) calls $3.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($13) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($23) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP calls $24.25 (All-In), Hero calls $15.25.

River: ($62.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $62.50

Raiser
03-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Bump.

Boring hand huh? I'm just curious about the PF play. Good to call OOP with QQ here, right? Bad to raise, right?

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I find this question really difficult right now; although the blind structure has been changed, its still Party and people are still playing maniacal.

That being said, I am not sure if there is a correct answer to your question. For me this is a grey area right now (as is play out of the blinds with AK, AQ, JJ, TT, etc) that really depends on table context, your image, and the players involved.

ScottTheFish
03-03-2005, 12:50 PM
You're not gonna get it heads up without a pretty big reraise...and I don't want to play a big pot OOP with QQ. I'd call and see a flop.

What's your plan on the flop if you have an overpair...and if there is an overcard? Personally with his stack so short I'm trying to get him all in on any flop without a K or A.

BTW, I'm trying to give "advice" on NL to have people correct my mistakes more than anything, my NL game needs much work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kurto
03-03-2005, 01:05 PM
"Hey guys. The new blind structure has me questioning whether I should re-raise PF with QQ. Previously I would 3-bet it here with the intention of getting all in pre-flop. I'm not sure how to play it now?"

I don't play party, but let me ask a question. Considering that the raises on many PP posts seem so large... this guy raised 12xbb... it seems as if people are still betting as if the blinds were .50 or 1... so, if the other guy is still playing like 50bb buyin... perhaps you should play him according.

So... if this was a 50bb buyin... $25NL table... and you would have 3 bet with the pocket queens against someone else with a $25 stack... then things haven't really changed and play it like you always would. No?

btw- the play at PP and PS is very different. Rarely would you see anyone open to $3 at a .25bb table. If they did, everyone would think they had aces.