PDA

View Full Version : 88 HU OOP against LP

QTip
03-03-2005, 09:36 AM
My HU play has much to be desired. I had a hand this morning I wanted to post.

I had 88 in MP3 folded to me, and I raise. CO folds and LP button 3 bets, blinds fold, we're heads up and I call. I don't have a good PFR% on him because just getting started here, but I've seen him cold call with some serious crap.

rainbow rags fall on the flop

I check (for some reason - I think my thoughts were to wait to see if an overcard would fall on the turn) and he bets, I call.

Turn another rag falls, I check, he bets, I raise (I'm thinking that this is where I find out if he has overcards or a monster), he calls...hhmmm.

River is a rag leaving no flush possibility. I bet because I figure he will call more than he bets. He calls.

How did I do here?

On a connected note on the river play. Yesterday we had a discussion about HU play specifically regarding Clarkmeisters Flush Theorm...so, last night I went home and read throught the HU section in TOP. Here's the question I had. How do you decide whether or not they'll bet more than they call and visa versa? Can you pretty much base it on their AF? Since this guy was passive post flop, I decided that he would probably call more than bet.

Thanks.

einbert
03-03-2005, 09:42 AM
I think you should have bet the flop and the turn, but given that you check/caled the flop I like your turn and river line.

QTip
03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
and if he raises the flop?

einbert
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
I like 3-betting the flop and slowing down to a flop cap.

Against a player with known aggressive tendencies, calling down or checkraising the turn work. But I don't like checking the turn because UI overcards will often take the free card.

QTip
03-03-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because UI overcards will often take the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what concerned me on the turn. I already knew he was pretty passive postflop. When he bet I was starting to think he had something. I figured I would raise and fold to a reraise...but he didn't, so I took the lead.