PDA

View Full Version : Good play vs maniac?

einbert
03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
UTG was basically capping any two cards PF, and betting various random streets throughout each hand. On the button with ace high, this seemed like a good time to isolate him and hopefully have my hand hold up.

I checked the turn because I was pretty sure he would bet the river with any two cards if I showed weakness by checking. I knew he was committed to showdown basically from preflop so it might have been better to bet here and take the free showdown, not sure.

He tended to bet out any pair, so I figured I was ahead the whole way.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

Is there a better approach to take in this situation? Is A6o on the button not enough firepower to take on a maniac?

Mr. Graff
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
I like all streets against the described opponent.

IlliniRyRy
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah I think you played this really well. The PF cap followed by the check on the flop seems odd. Overaggressive morons such as this one are capable of slowplaying if they hit any pair there and he was probably looking to raise you on the turn. You saved your money and got a showdown, he might've check raised you with nothing on the turn and then you'd be forced to fold, so I would've played it the same way. Anyway, what did he have?