PDA

View Full Version : AQo Never feeling good...

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 07:13 AM
I didn't like this hand at all. After the min-check raise I felt uncomfortable for the remainder of the hand. The 3rd player bugged me a lot as well.

Both players are reasonable but typical- loose but not crazy.

I don't like the river especially because of the 3rd opponent.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($42.3)
MP ($35.48)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($46.8)</font>
SB ($31.85)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($20.25)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($4.10) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP folds, Button calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50.

Turn: ($19.10) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, Button calls $6.

River: ($37.10) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB calls $8.25 (All-In)...

TheWorstPlayer
03-03-2005, 07:24 AM
For some reason I think you may have come in third here. Against your typical Party guys, I drop this to the flop check/raise into two guys. I put Button on the flush draw or a weaker ace, but BB has to have you beat here, I think. And on the turn, the flush hits (and slowplaying it is typical fish behaviour) so I don't think you are doing too well on this river.

I think the only good alternative to folding on the flop is re-raising to charge the button's likely draw. But I don't like that line nearly as much against a passive player because passive players just don't check/min-raise hands worse than TPTK.

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 07:36 AM
I should add this:

I was looking for a spot to fold, but the CR on the flop and bet on the turn were not doing it for me.

TheWorstPlayer
03-03-2005, 08:11 AM
Were you taking into account BB's short stack? Would you have folded if he had pushed the turn? Was there any way it wasn't all going in on the river?

ethan
03-03-2005, 08:30 AM
BB has A7/AJ? The check-minraise from a semi-passive player is scary. Looking at the whole hand, I think you have the button beat. The turn's not a good place for him to slowplay the nuts (or any flush), although I suppose he could still have one. I think you'll see an ace you beat (maybe with the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif) with a slim chance of a K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ-ish hand from him. On the flop when you're facing that check-raise you'd have to add the flush draw into his range. With a good enough read on BB I decide I have either 3 or 6 outs (more like 2.5 and 5.5 since the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif is only semi-good), curse my position, and fold.

If the read of A7/AJ for the BB is giving him too much credit, then I start liking a reraise more. The problem with the flat call is that you don't really know where you stand.

Flat-calling the flop leaves you in an ugly situation on this turn. The flush hits, the BB bets, and the button's left to act behind you with what very well could be a made flush. I fold this turn because it looks like you're behind BB and you may be drawing dead against the button.

If the BB had more chips I'd like a flop reraise more. Your opponents will clear up a lot of the confusion as to where you stand. But he's short enough that even if a 1/2 pot reraise to 13 clears out the button you won't be able to fold to a BB push getting 6.5:1. (You're getting exactly odds to call against A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJx and you're only a 3:1 dog against A7.)

Yea. Folding the flop's weak. But I _hate_ being out of position against undefined hands.

george w of poker
03-03-2005, 09:50 AM
i don't think folding the flop is weak at all. you got min checkraised which in itself is usually a sign of strength in this game, but on top of that he check raised two people which should really tell you something.

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't think folding the flop is weak at all. you got min checkraised which in itself is usually a sign of strength in this game, but on top of that he check raised two people which should really tell you something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two seem to contradict each other no? At least theoretically... If he has a strong hand he should CR more with a draw heavy board.

And do you really suggest folding for $2.50 more when there is ~$14 in the pot? I at least have odds to risk making two pair.

george w of poker
03-03-2005, 10:01 AM
the min check raise of more than one person means its less likely to be a bluff, no? what are the odds for 3 outs?

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Nice post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

thatpfunk
03-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks for all responses.

I really screwed this hand up considering my HUGE negative implied odds. If I am going to play the hand I should have reraised the flop to get HU with the BB.

I think folding the turn would be ok as well.

BB had J7. Button made his flush on the turn.

TheWorstPlayer
03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason I think you may have come in third here. Against your typical Party guys, I drop this to the flop check/raise into two guys. I put Button on the flush draw or a weaker ace, but BB has to have you beat here, I think. And on the turn, the flush hits (and slowplaying it is typical fish behaviour) so I don't think you are doing too well on this river.

I think the only good alternative to folding on the flop is re-raising to charge the button's likely draw. But I don't like that line nearly as much against a passive player because passive players just don't check/min-raise hands worse than TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play goot.

You've just gotta remember how fishy these guys are. It's not like they will check/min-raise with a draw or something, right?