PDA

View Full Version : This is what i get for listening to posters here.....

johnnybeef
03-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Thanks lorinda, i just new it would work!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1380)
Button (t430)
SB (t2505)
Hero (t1180)
UTG (t2505)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (t600) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t200</font>, SB folds, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1000) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t800</font>, Hero calls t780 (All-In).

Final Pot: t2580

MagnoliasFM
03-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Had I been in your shoes, I probably woulda pushed pre-flop. If I somehow misclicked and just checked as you did, I definitely woulda pushed on the flop. Why give a free card when you have a strong but vulnerable hand which is likely to get called by a worse hand? I guess your call on the river with quads was pretty good though.

adanthar
03-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Had I been in your shoes, I probably woulda pushed pre-flop. If I somehow misclicked and just checked as you did, I definitely woulda pushed on the flop. Why give a free card when you have a strong but vulnerable hand which is likely to get called by a worse hand? I guess your call on the river with quads was pretty good though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that call kinda sucked. He may call his A kicker/flush but he's not going to bet it. Get another courtesy 200 out of him when he doesn't have the Q.

johnnybeef
03-03-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that call kinda sucked. He may call his A kicker/flush but he's not going to bet it. Get another courtesy 200 out of him when he doesn't have the Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had aq, ace was not of spades however.

bweiser8311962
03-03-2005, 05:44 AM
pretty hard to misplay this hand. you probably should have pushed all-in on the river, in case he checks behind you. he's calling you with a queen in his hand. no one - no one - puts you on four of a kind. i don't care what anyone posts. i've seen it on tv with pros. i see it all the time online. 3 6s on the board, someone goes all in and is SHOCKED when the other guy has the 6.

johnnybeef
03-03-2005, 07:36 AM
i didnt really post this hand for analysis, i just wanted to prove that river quads is really a good play. but since everyone is commenting on it i'll give my thought process:

preflop: i would probably push in most situations, but, the utg player hadnt defended a blind all day, and the level of play in this tourney was so piss poor that there was a chance i could fold my way into the money. the risk was busting which if called figured to be a ver big risk. the reward would most likely be the blinds which i could no doubt get the next hand with less risk as i had not been harping on the utg at all.

flop: if i push here the only hands that call are a high flush or a pair with a high flush draw

turn: my hand has just turned into a monster. by checking i was inducing a bluff and/or enticing someone with a decent holding to value bet.

river: why not let him bluff at it again?

results: he turned over AQo with out a spade in it and i drove my chips into the horizon of victory...

kurosh
03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Fold the river. You're behind to quad queens.

PSUinDC
03-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Thats right... when you read 2+2, you learn the methods to rivering quads. I've gotten pretty good at rivering quads myself... I owe it all to this site.