PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to 2005

andyfox
03-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Not exactly political, but I thought all my friends here would enjoy this set of instructions, which I quote verbatim, from my son's high school roster form, which I had the pleasure of filling out tonight:

For families with one household, list each parent’s information separately in each of the top two squares. For divorced or separated families with joint custody please decide which household should be listed first in the roster. Put that parent in top left (with spouse in top right) and the other parent in lower left (with spouse in lower right). If both parents wish to be listed first the school will list in alphabetical order. For divorced or separated families, list in the top left square the parent with whom the child mainly resides. List the spouse of that parent in the top right square. Put the non-custodial parent in the lower left square and their spouse if any in the lower right.

Rick Nebiolo
03-03-2005, 05:08 AM
"Not exactly political, but I thought all my friends here would enjoy this set of instructions, which I quote verbatim..."

This is actually quite political /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

~ Rick

bholdr
03-03-2005, 05:28 AM
now what?

[censored]
03-03-2005, 07:48 AM
For inviting me to 2005. I had been waiting outside in 2004 this entire time.

adios
03-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Definitely more challenging to parse this than a Ward Churchill statement /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Toro
03-03-2005, 12:08 PM
How times have changed. I'm remembering back to the 1950's when I was in grammar school that if you're parents were divorced, the stigma that was attached to that!

andyfox
03-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I remember in 4th grade, which would have been around 1961, the teacher went around the room and asked the kids what their father did for a living. One kid said, "I don't have a father," and everyone turned to stare and wonder. And this was in New York City.

Phat Mack
03-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I worked for a shool district for several years, and this form brought back many memories. Separated/divorcing/divorced parents love to use their children as weapons, and see school systems as ideal battlegrounds. I can see the problems that the wording on this form is designed to avoid, and I can see where it will fail. Sad.