PDA

View Full Version : QQ OOP 5/10 NL on PP

Chris Daddy Cool
03-03-2005, 12:35 AM
no real reads on villian, he hasn't done anything noteworthy to be noticed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($1895.75)
UTG+1 ($771.5)
MP1 ($1000)
MP2 ($959)
MP3 ($1074.07)
CO ($1000)
Button ($1048)
SB ($990)
BB ($979)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $10. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises to $95</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $65.

Flop: ($225) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $415</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $790

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 01:17 AM
is checkfolding this flop awful?

BobboFitos
03-03-2005, 01:34 AM
hey, isn't this a little standard?

fsu said he might even check/fold this flop, and I agree with him -

you have no reads on villain, so it takes AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK typically to reraise a UTG raiser. Some people reraise a few other off-color hands, some even fewer. But on this flop you're only beating AK.

I assume if he flat-calls you're done with the hand on the turn unless you spike a Q or T?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-03-2005, 01:42 AM
yea if he calls this flop bet i'm done.

it just didn't feel right checkfolding in this spot because 1. he was a poster, 2. i've seen people reraise a bit lighter in these games than i would normally expect.

BobboFitos
03-03-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

it just didn't feel right checkfolding in this spot because 1. he was a poster, 2. i've seen people reraise a bit lighter in these games than i would normally expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, didn't see he was a poster. That might change things.

However, I still think it's his pot to win. Chalk it up to position.

Also - if people will reraise light, what about check/calling this flop to evaluate the turn? (just an idea..)

Chris Daddy Cool
03-03-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also - if people will reraise light, what about check/calling this flop to evaluate the turn? (just an idea..)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what checkcalling will do here because he will autobet almost any flop anwyays, so on the turn the pot is bigger and i'm still stuck in an uncomforatable spot OOP, though a case can be made that he wouldn't fire again on the turn with a hand that can't beat QQ.

BobboFitos
03-03-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
though a case can be made that he wouldn't fire again on the turn with a hand that can't beat QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, thats what I'm saying. he wont be able to move you off your hand on the flop, and it's not like you need to protect your hand against any possible draw. the only scare cards to you would be A or K.

it would be a bruiser-esque line, (maybe?) but check-call flop, check to evaluate turn, and if he checks behind, either block the river if you think he'd reraise with something like AJ (and pay off) or check-call if he'll bluff with an ace high hand.

Not sure if this is the best line, but, once again, just an idea.

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tru, but alot of those same agg. players are very capable of raising AK on this flop. players act very strangely when being lead into and many times feel like a 'play' is being put on them, and they react by raising.

i dunno, its a crappy hand (the situation, not your play /images/graemlins/tongue.gif), if he is decent at all, you are only ahead of 1010 or AK, and he might even pop back with those.

Jason Strasser
03-03-2005, 03:53 AM
First I want to say something that should not be earth shattering. There are many 2+2ers who are not so good, including myself at times. Heck, look at a lot of the posts sprouting up the past few days, some have been questionable at best. So the fact that he is a poster should not really impact this hand immensely, unless you have a read on him from his post or previous hands.

Secondly, this line is good if you could have a set in this spot. Many players check to the pf raiser like a machine when they flop a set oop, so Shania is now crying if you cant lead here with a set. I personally prefer check/calling the flop and possibly leading out the turn. This, imo, is the best line for gauging the strength of your opponents hand. You lose the bluff equity that you might have, but that doesnt seem to be an issue as you have no intention of snapping off a bluff here it seems. Force this guy to fire two really big bullets if he wants to bluff you out, and also have him scared of a set.

It's hard to give specific advice here because its a spot where sometimes its absolutely correct to call down and sometimes its absolutley correct to check fold the flop.

Oh yeah, your opponent's prefrlop raise sucks.

-Jason

Chris Daddy Cool
03-03-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First I want to say something that should not be earth shattering. There are many 2+2ers who are not so good, including myself at times. Heck, look at a lot of the posts sprouting up the past few days, some have been questionable at best. So the fact that he is a poster should not really impact this hand immensely, unless you have a read on him from his post or previous hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

by poster i meant a guy who posted behind the button to play. sorry for the confusion.

and yes i will sometimes lead a set right into the pfr.

Paluka
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
This is an example of why I cannot play full table NLHE. I lose my stack against monsters too much. 6 max for me!