PDA

View Full Version : Limit HE Final Table

09-17-2002, 07:58 PM
I am in the final 3 of a limit HE tournament. 1st - $1500, 2nd - $900, 3rd - $600.

There is one large stack 30,000 and one small stack 7,000. Blinds are 500-1000. I also have 7,000 and am positioned so that my button occurs when the big stack is in the BB.

Does my position at this table give me an advantage over the other small stack or is my position a detriment to my finishing 2nd or 3rd. Or does it not matter? Is it reasonable that my position should affect the amount I get out of a deal vs. the amount the other small stack gets?

What'ya think?

Bill R.

Greg (FossilMan)
09-18-2002, 11:24 AM
Having position on the big stack 2 out of 3 hands is probably a small edge. However, more important is having position on certain playing styles vs. other styles. If the big stack doesn't defend his blinds very strongly, then having the button on his blind is huge. If he does defend well, then I'd rather have the other guy in that seat.

Also very important is how often they raise your big blind. You want the guy who folds his button too much to be there on your big blind.

I think both of those issues are much bigger than stack size.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)