PDA

View Full Version : Finding Old Posts with New Software

KJS
09-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Chuck/Matt/Mason/David/Anyone

I am looking for series of posts from about October 2001 where David Sklansky was talking about pre-flop errors in HE. I cannot figure out how to access old material now that the software has changed. I tried searching for "[general] Texas Hold'em" and "david sklansky" and "username" and "newer than 1 year" but got no matches. Any help appreciated.

KJS

KJS
09-18-2002, 03:48 AM
The posts were in General Theory, not General HE. Thanks to all who read my post in General HE and gave tips about old posts:

"Rate these Hold 'Em Errors" by David Sklansky:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/cgi-bin/newforums/genpok.1.pl?read=27666

"4 HE Errors, my Answer" by DS:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/cgi-bin/newforums/genpok.1.pl?read=27762

KJS

imported_Chuck Weinstock
09-18-2002, 10:55 PM
You took advantage of the fact that I have not yet deleted
the messages from the old forums. However it is easy to find
such a post in the new forums.

Click "search" above and put "Rate these" in the search box,
tell it to search all forums, and tell it to search any
and this thread will come up.

The old forum messages will be disappearing soon. I only kept
them around while I made sure that the new system was working properly.

Chuck

09-19-2002, 03:58 AM
Searching for some older posts doesn't seem to be working. As a test, I found an unusual phrase on the General Theory forum in a post by Rick Nebiolo from Friday, 21 January 2000. The phrase is "my various neurosis" (without the quotes). But searching as you suggest does not turn it up. You get it only by searching (using a browser's "find on this page" function) the correct section in the older archives. Am I missing something?

p.s., I like Rick's neurosis /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

imported_Chuck Weinstock
09-19-2002, 09:18 AM
The search function only searches posts that are in the new forums. They go back a fairly long time. However many of the very old archives are in text form and those are not covered by the search procedure.

Chuck