PDA

View Full Version : Back to NL/PL again! Making lots of mistakes!

muzungu
03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey all-

Looks like a lot of the folks who left NL for the 6-max limit games are coming back. Sat with turnipmonster at a $400 game, looks like fsuplayer has been posting/playing alot. Good to be back...

So, just thought I'd start a thread about switching back. I can tell I am still applying a lot of the limit habits I have worked so hard to learn to these NL games, and I am making a lot of mistakes. These include:

TOO MUCH CALLING DOWN!! (Especially on the river when I am pretty sure I am beat)

Overvaluing big offsuit cards (especially in EP)

Generally being squeamish about big decisions

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind at first thought.

Hopefully this is useful to others, it occurs to me that there are a lot of people switching games and making limit-influenced mistakes.

Thoughts?

-muz

turnipmonster
03-02-2005, 11:05 PM
pretty much my thoughts exactly. basically I felt I was a little too showdown oriented and way underagressive. FWIW, I plan on playing mainly the 400 and 600 for a few days to get back into the swing of things.

Yeti
03-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Never played limit.

My huge flaw is that I still, still, get married to overpairs. Argh.

bugstud
03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
at least in the 1k PL games if you're used to trying to float in limit you will loooooooove floating in PL/NL

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
basically I felt I was a little too showdown oriented and way underagressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i felt that way as well on some hands. it hurt me some.