PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on ways to win this hand?

lawpoker
03-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($92.7)
CO ($33.4)
Button ($26.25)
SB ($24.75)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($32.7)</font>
UTG ($24)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($30.45)</font>
UTG+2 ($25)
MP1 ($4.16)
MP2 ($25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls $1.75, UTG folds.

Flop: ($4.35) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($10.35) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($22.35) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $22.35

tbach24
03-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Don't min-raise the turn. I think making it 8 straight would be good. Then, depending on the aggro of the opponent, call or fold.

lawpoker
03-02-2005, 10:56 PM
with my min raise, i guess i was trying to make money. the villian has shown down so many second-best hands that i figured he'd call, and show down second best again.

he's not going to be raising / betting a flush draw. so should i have made a good sized bet on the river, in an attempt to take it down? or am i asking to lose more money?

tbach24
03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
You really can't play this river optimally after the way you played the turn.

The club may have scared him, but at the same time he may have a boat. Then again, he could be overplaying TPGK. There's so many different things.

The best way to go would be to bet and fold to a raise.

tommo
03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Personally I would have bet the pot on the flop. But I don't disagree with what you did. When the big blind calls I'm thinking he's either got a largeish pair or managed to pair his ace. He could also have a flush draw.

Turn card No club nice. BB is betting at me too. So now I think he's got an ace for sure. I'm raising to 10$ or so. Trust me, if he's got AQ or AJ he's got a pretty good chance of calling.

If he calls the 10$ bet on the turn, then I'm definitely leaning towards him having a pair of aces and something else. He'd let you know if he hit a set or some weird A7 two pair.

On the river. [censored]...there's the club (if I'm you I'm thinking "damn should've bet more on the turn") he checks, now I don't mind checking behind here. But given that I'm pretty sure he's on the ace, if I don't think he's too tricky I'll 1/3rd bet the pot or something (if I think he's tricky I'll check behind, as I don't think I'm going to be able to call a check raise bluff). If you do bet and he raises all in I'll fold.

Basically when you get hands like these you need to bet a lot (the idea in poker is to win a lot with your good hands...seems too often people forget to try and win money with their good hands).