PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to this book idea?

DeepCroak
03-02-2005, 10:19 PM
I recall (but, of course, I can't find the post... /images/graemlins/mad.gif) there being some mention a few months ago about a possible collaboration between Ed Miller and David Sklansky with a lot of sample hands and quizes, illustrating amongst other things how various hands would play differently at lower versus higher limits. Haven't seen any mention of that idea lately, so I'm guessing that idea could have died or got backburnered for other ideas that have greater EV. As a 3/6 player that hopes to move up to bigger limits (I'm not winning consistently enough to try it yet, but results are improving), I'd love such a book, so I'm just wondering if anything along those lines is happening, and if so, when I might be able to get a copy. $25 ~= 2BB at 6/12, so such a book would be easy to justify for me...

Or am I the only probable customer of such a book?

Thanks.

Wada
03-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Im with you on this one. I too remember something mentioned about a book explaining this same subject. I would like to see examples and comparisons of same hands and how they are played at different limits. I think I have atleast a vague idea differentiating how the same hands are played at different limits - but no way in hell do I even fully understand yet.

I hope something like this is atleast in the works.

Mason Malmuth
03-03-2005, 02:20 AM
Hi Wada:

It's on the back burner. We have commitments to other projects that will come before we consider doing this.

best wishes,
Mason

Ed Miller
03-03-2005, 02:22 AM
I'd like to write a book like that. But right now I'm signed up for the NL book. We'll see after that one is done.

DeepCroak
03-03-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to write a book like that. But right now I'm signed up for the NL book. We'll see after that one is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Ed and Mason.

Hurry up, will you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I *need* this book! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BTW, just to put an idea in your head, in addition to showing how hands play differently at different levels, it might also be interesting to show how they play differently at 6-handed (or similarly short-handed) tables versus full ring. Maybe that dilutes the topic, maybe not, I'll just throw the idea out there and let you do with it what you will (which sounds like will be nothing, at least in the short term. /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

sethypooh21
03-03-2005, 07:27 PM
NOOO, not a six max book. Some of the jokers may learn how to play /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously short handed play is a topic that could be covered in a lot of depth I think. The existing materials in HEPFAP and ITPM are good, but rather general. Anything that synthesized some of the theories at work in the HUSH forum I would snap up in about 30 seconds.