PDA

View Full Version : 1700 pot in 1-2 NL deep stack game. any thoughts?

raptor517
03-02-2005, 09:55 PM
ok, this was a live 1-2 NL cash game. i dont want to post in small stakes because it was a pretty big game with a lot of action. ok, anyways..

i just sat down in the game and got JsQs utg+1 9 handed. i limp. 6 people end up seeing the flop for 2 bucks each. 12 dollars in the pot. flop comes Ks10h4s. great flop for my JsQs. anyway, the small blind, who is a lunatic that is playing for the action has about 1k in front of him. he fires out 150 into the 12 pot. BB folds and its up to me. i have around 800 in front of me, which is what a i bought in for 5 hands ago. i sit there thinking for a while, debating my options. folding isnt bad i dont think, but i dont really like that. calling i think is terrible, so i opt to push. i put my 800 in there, which is a pretty good sized overbet. it folds around to my opponent, who sits there for about 18 hours and finally calls. im thinking i am ahead of almost any hand he flips over, so im not too worried. anyway, he flips over As7s and i calculate i now have 12 outs. ugh. not terrible, but not near as good as i thought. i dont catch, and he drags down a 1700 pot with A high. ugh. any thoughts on this hand? would love to hear them. btw, i usually post in the one table tourney section.

fsuplayer
03-02-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, this was a live 1-2 NL cash game. i dont want to post in small stakes because it was a pretty big game with a lot of action. ok, anyways..

i just sat down in the game and got JsQs utg+1 9 handed. i limp. 6 people end up seeing the flop for 2 bucks each. 12 dollars in the pot. flop comes Ks10h4s. great flop for my JsQs. anyway, the small blind, who is a lunatic that is playing for the action has about 1k in front of him. he fires out 150 into the 12 pot. BB folds and its up to me. i have around 800 in front of me, which is what a i bought in for 5 hands ago. i sit there thinking for a while, debating my options. folding isnt bad i dont think, but i dont really like that. calling i think is terrible, so i opt to push. i put my 800 in there, which is a pretty good sized overbet. it folds around to my opponent, who sits there for about 18 hours and finally calls. im thinking i am ahead of almost any hand he flips over, so im not too worried. anyway, he flips over As7s and i calculate i now have 12 outs. ugh. not terrible, but not near as good as i thought. i dont catch, and he drags down a 1700 pot with A high. ugh. any thoughts on this hand? would love to hear them. btw, i usually post in the one table tourney section.

[/ QUOTE ]

two things:

I think I would push here too, esp. against a maniac.

second, when posting, hit the enter key much much more.

see how easy this is to read? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

voltron87b
03-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Good move, A7 is a hand I would expect to have folding equity on. Ever thought of running it twice? I would be willing to run that 3-4 times.

raptor517
03-02-2005, 10:29 PM
enter key, right. ok, i just wanted to know if anyone would fold in that spot.

i liked the amount of fold equity i was getting by pushing, and even if called, i had a significant number of outs. about the only hand i didnt want to see was an ace high flush draw. ugh.

radioheadfan
03-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I think you can wait for a better spot against someone who bets $150 into a $12 pot.

Given that he called your all in, have some respect for your bankroll and run this at least 4 times. Maybe even agree to chop it right there in EV terms (this assumes this guy knows anything about calculating odds, or even what expected value might mean).