PDA

View Full Version : My blind play has big problems

fallout1234
03-02-2005, 09:40 PM
I've been very loose calling raises when I am at blind position with suited cards. I suspect this is a big leak.
Here is a horrible play of mine. Postflop I guess I was on tilt/dreaming. My question is should I fold preflop against the first raise? How many people have to be in the pot before you decide to play any two suited cards in blind when raised? Or never?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4h, 7h. Hero posts a blind of $2.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, MP2 raises, 1 fold, Hero (poster) calls, 1 fold, SB 3-bets, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP2 caps, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) Ah, 4d, 5s (4 players)
SB bets, UTG+1 folds, MP2 raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (13 BB) Js (3 players)
SB bets, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) Ac (2 players)
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

mowz
03-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Well at least you identified the problem. You cannot call in this spot unless there are a ton of people in. As a general rule of thumb don't call anything from the BB you wouldn't call with from late position, and even then toss junk like q10off.

Argus
03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well at least you identified the problem. You cannot call in this spot unless there are a ton of people in. As a general rule of thumb don't call anything from the BB you wouldn't call with from late position, and even then toss junk like q10off.

[/ QUOTE ]
He posted in CO; this is not a BB play. Read Ed Miller's article on posting behind the button (http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/issue2/Miller0205.html) for more advice about this. My opinion is that 47s is too weak to call a raise, even in CO. If it were 78s or Q4s I certainly do call though.

[ QUOTE ]
So even if you'd normally never consider playing a hand as weak as T/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, consider it when you post a late position blind.

[/ QUOTE ]