PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh can kiss my ass (Three Rivers)

Scotch78
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
In retrospect I still feel like each river was a good value bet, and that I had to call the resulting raise, but it's possible I'm still thinking like a 1/2 player, so I'd like to double check on these hands.

Hand #1

Not many hands on the villain for this one, all I can say is that he's not passive, and not overly tight or loose.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Hand #2

BB is a LAG, but the only note I have on him is open-limping and calling a raise with AT, then raising and calling a 3-bet on the Jxx flop, and lastly calling down with his A-high.

MP is loose all the way and passive except for a little river aggression. I've seen him slowplay pocket queens, and I think he likes to slowplay in general (but not positive).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (LP) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB (LAG) calls, MP (LP) calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LAG checks, LP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LAG raises</font>, LP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LAG bets</font>, LP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, LAG calls, LP calls.

River: (12.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LAG checks, LP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAG calls, <font color="#CC3333">LP raises</font>, Hero calls, LAG folds.

Final Pot: 17.20 BB

Hand #3

Button is the same loose-passive from hand two.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button (LP) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button (LP) calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, LP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LP calls.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">LP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Scott

edit: The more I think about it, maybe hand one is bet-fold situation. Discuss . . .

tolbiny
03-03-2005, 05:13 AM
If any of them are a bet fold hand three is.

mperich
03-03-2005, 05:19 AM
I agree hand 3 bet fold, hand one is good. Hand 2 ehhhhh close to a fold but its a pretty big pot so I probably call and hate myself for it afterwords.

-Mike

tolbiny
03-03-2005, 05:23 AM
"Hand 2 ehhhhh close to a fold but its a pretty big pot so I probably call and hate myself for it afterwords."

I call and hate the other player afterwards...

tolbiny
03-03-2005, 05:24 AM
I actually think that hand 3 is a check call here...

ravballz
03-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Do people generally not like Check/Call or to just check it through on a scary river?

If they have you beat you save a bet and if they missed a draw they won't call your bet anyway. And often you'll induce a bet from a player with a poorer hand who thinks you don't like your hand which means you won't lose that many bets from people who would have just called anyway.

I find that most of the time when you are raised on a river scary board you are beat, especially if you only hold TPTK.

MAxx
03-03-2005, 10:28 AM
They all look like good value bets to me, and I love the post title.

I would probably let go of #3 and perhaps #2, but i would consider my reads b4 i decided.

cartman
03-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Hand 1:
I would have played exactly the same including the river call.

Hand 2:
I probably would have 3-bet on the flop. If I chose not to 3-bet the flop, I would have just called on the turn because I want the LAG to bet again on the river if I am ahead. If I'm behind he will probably 3-bet on the turn and I don't want that. Also if a club hits on the river you may get to escape for free if the LAG bets and the LP raises, as his behavior is entirely consistent with a flush draw. When the club hit the river I would have just checked it down. Had the river been a non-club I would have bet.

Hand 3:
I would have played exactly the same. I throw up as I call the river raise, but I call it anyway. The low board and the one card straight possibility make it a nice place for him to take a shot at a preflop raiser as he figures you will fold Ace high, which he has to think is your most likely holding. If I weren't prepared to call a river raise, I would have just checked and called on the river.

Cartman

Scotch78
03-03-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2:
I probably would have 3-bet on the flop. If I chose not to 3-bet the flop, I would have just called on the turn because I want the LAG to bet again on the river if I am ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played it the way I did to trap MP for two big bets. I was pretty sure I had the BB dominated, so I was looking to get as much money as possible in.

Scott

arkady
03-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Hand 1/Hand 2 are perfect. You showed the right aggression against the right opponents and made the crying call in a large pot.

Hand 3, to me is not so cut and dry. See, I would expect LP to raise that Q before river a good portion of the time and get a sneaking suspicion that he is putting a move on me on a missed spade draw or what not. Still the pot is so small that I do not think you will be good here 1 out of 7 times. Besides he doesnt HAVE to have a Q, he might have improved in other ways.

Trix
03-03-2005, 12:38 PM
It sounds like your loose-passive read isnīt that strong, so I like all of them.

Number two is probably the one closest to a fold as he has played his hand like 2 clubs or AT and the pot is protected.

He will probably have it very often in number one aswell, but without a read I call and make one.

Number 3 you have to bet cuz he will call any pair, but probably wont bet them.

The board is scary so he may be taking a shot. If your a confident in the read, then fold, but calling here canīt be a very big mistake.