PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a value bet with my sucker straight vs a maniac?

aLOWdAkING
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is 67.57, 27, 1.14 af, 40w$sd. I had seen him 3bet earlier with K2s after an ep raise.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Does anybody check behind on this? And do I have to odds to calls the reraise?
River: (9.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Anybody raise this maniac?
Final Pot: 11.66 BB

CallMeIshmael
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody check behind on this? And do I have to odds to calls the reraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is getting big, and you are vulnerable to Ax, 5x, 9x and straight draws. You are ahead a decent enough percentage of the time (Before we know he is C/Ring). Bet, and check behind the river.

You are getting 8.66 to 1 on the call, and if you say that you have only 5 outs (a T may not be an out here) you are still getting the necessary 8.2 - 1. So, call.

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody raise this maniac?

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, 1.4 isn't too maniacal post flop. But, that aside, I can't image a player against whom this isn't a raise. You are behind to only AT, AND he would have had to check raise with a gutshot on the turn AND you have two of the tens in your hand! Raise, and cap.

aLOWdAkING
03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Errr. WOW.

I thought there was an open ended straight draw on the river. GAH, that's twice in the last few days that I've misread cards which have cost me some BBs.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

CallMeIshmael
03-02-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Errr. WOW.

I thought there was an open ended straight draw on the river. GAH, that's twice in the last few days that I've misread cards which have cost me some BBs.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this hand over like 5 times before I posted, thinking that I misread it.