PDA

View Full Version : Laughlin's best games

Jaimeson
03-02-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm flying out to Laughlin on the 17th and staying until Sunday the 20th. What is everyone's experience with hold 'em out there? I suspect the games are full of locals, and a lot tighter than I am used to here at Canterbury. I am looking at playing the cheap NLHE tourneys at the Riverside each day, but know little more about any other rooms down there. Anyone have any good games/rooms they know of?

Also if any 2+2'ers want to meet up I can make time.

Thanks,
Jaimeson

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
There was a thread about this earlier this week or maybe last week. Felicia seems to be the Laughlin expert 'round these parts. I might find myself out there for a family reunion in April, so Felicia, here's your fair warning that this'll come back up around then.

FeliciaLee
03-02-2005, 08:21 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=cardroom&Number=181417 4&fpart=&PHPSESSID= /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jaimeson
03-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Is it pretty much spread limit across town then?

FeliciaLee
03-02-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info. Is it pretty much spread limit across town then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the smallest game is obviously the $20 min/max buy-in NLHE at the Palms. It usually gets going around noon, as people are busting out of the 10am tourney. No, I haven't had the pleasure /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2-5 spread limit HE with a kill to 4-10 is at the Belle, unless things have changed recently.

2-6 spread limit is pretty much everywhere (RS, Palms, Ramada).

3/6 with a full kill is at the Palms.

4/8 with a full kill is at the RS. Usually this turns into an over's game, which evolves into NLHE.

2-6 spread limit O8 is at the RS, and gets going pretty frequently in the winter.

2/4 is an off again/on again game in some rooms.

I don't play at Harrah's due to the 4/2 rake structure. I don't play at Flamingo because they have hardly any games going on when I call and/or stop by. I don't play at the Belle for a billion reasons that are too numerous (and unbelievable) for this forum.

I'm not sure we'll be in town when you are there. I'm hoping to hop over to LA for Winning O' the Green at the Bike, but I need to clear up some details first, so please keep in touch.

Good luck!

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

vegasbob
03-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I just got back from laughlin today. I played at the ramada and harrahs tournamnet last night. It was 2 table nl $65 buy in with one 25 rebuy. The play was poor but the blinds shoot up quickly but it was fun. I would never play their live game their with $2 jackpot drop.
The game at the ramada was also very passive and I was not used to all the smoking at the table there.

Have fun

Jaimeson
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks again!

I'll be in town at 10:30 am tomorrow.

FeliciaLee
03-17-2005, 02:58 AM
I won't be around tomorrow, but I'll play in the $100 freezeout at the Palms on Friday night.

I look just like my pic, and I'm the one with the big mouth.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif