PDA

View Full Version : Bots? You decide.

Evan
03-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Table chat from a 30/60 game tonight:

Atropo: r u a real person EZ??
Atropo: ur stats don't look like a real person
Atropo: stats too strong
LimeHouseII: you mean he's too good to be human?
Atropo: on paper
LimeHouseII: what the heck does that mean?
LimeHouseII: he plays too tight to be human?
Atropo: wins too much
Atropo: actually, those r the best stats i've seen
E22A14: EZ is a machine guys
E22A14: don't trust him
LimeHouseII: on what, your poker tracker
Atropo: yes
E22A14: how do you know what his stats are?
LimeHouseII: whats his win rate?
Atropo: i don't want to give details, but they r the best
LimeHouseII: what a tease...
E22A14: guys, doesn't it look suspicious that he isn't responding?
E22A14: isn't that what a bot would be doing?
Atropo: he did respond
EZMILLIONS: Hello
E22A14: then as soon as you started talking about him not being human he stopped
E22A14: see, what is that?
LimeHouseII: lol
LimeHouseII: i dont mind playing bots
E22A14: what if he is cheating?
EZMILLIONS: I am not a bot I am a real person
LimeHouseII: oh yeah?
LimeHouseII: prove it ro-bot!
LimeHouseII: answer me this......why?
E22A14: see, unless its a generic sentence he doesn't talk
E22A14: i read an article about bots like EZ last week
E22A14: and this is what they said they would do
Atropo: where ya from EZ?
EZMILLIONS: I am from New Jersey
LimeHouseII: all the latest models are....
krow73: biznatchy , where are you from
E22A14: you should be more worried about EZ than him
E22A14: EZ, what's the weather like today?
Atropo: lol
E22A14: ugh, see?
LimeHouseII: wow

SCfuji
03-02-2005, 08:04 PM
hahaha wow. i say bot.

bicyclekick
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
I know who EZMILLIONS is and he is not a bot. Haha. Funny [censored] though. Well done EZ!

Johnny Richter
03-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea, i've also played with EZ and he is not a bot. Unless he's one of those new version 5.79 which can hold long coherent coversations /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... i got to get me one of those!

James282
03-02-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, i've also played with EZ and he is not a bot. Unless he's one of those new version 5.79 which can hold long coherent coversations /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... i got to get me one of those!

[/ QUOTE ]

What is stopping this person from being at the table sometimes and running a bot the other times? Looks suspicious.
-James

Schneids
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Wow. Somebody's a cumhungry slut for EZ's swimmers.

cyorg
03-02-2005, 10:22 PM
lol sounds real to me. where can i get one?

DrGutshot
03-02-2005, 10:43 PM
sounds like a real person being funny to me. Besides, bots would be playing 1/2-3/6.

They also wouldn't be programmed to talk at all, it would just give away that they're a bot. Turing's test shows that it's basically impossible to make a bot that can hold a fluent conversation.

-DrG

sethypooh21
03-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Methinks Operation:Put Them On Tilt And Make Them Fear Me was succesfully executed by MR. EZ here....

manpower
03-02-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They also wouldn't be programmed to talk at all, it would just give away that they're a bot. Turing's test shows that it's basically impossible to make a bot that can hold a fluent conversation.

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I Second this, no way would any programmer be dumb enough to try and write a bot that would respond.

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Methinks Operation:Put Them On Tilt And Make Them Fear Me was succesfully executed by MR. EZ here....

[/ QUOTE ]

turnipmonster
03-03-2005, 12:38 AM
is he a 2+2er?

Michael Davis
03-03-2005, 01:29 AM
I think having a bot respond to certain phrases with "FU" or "STFU" would be hugely +EV. Even if it doesn't totally make sense in context, you can't really conclude anything from this, especially if the bot mixes up about ten different insults.

-Michael

Nick B.
03-03-2005, 01:37 AM
he is 2+2er post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1646601&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

Moozh
03-03-2005, 02:09 AM
He should have responded in binary.

Any time someone starts talking about bots, just answer them:

manpower
03-03-2005, 02:19 AM
It might help, but it would still become obvious once someone happens upon a trigger word. Say he's talking [censored] to a bot for five minutes. Then says 'stfu', bot responds, he gives it [censored] for another minute, then says 'stfu' again. It's about here our villain starts to figure out what's going on...

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he is 2+2er post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1646601&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

you're being sarcastic right?

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It might help, but it would still become obvious once someone happens upon a trigger word. Say he's talking [censored] to a bot for five minutes. Then says 'stfu', bot responds, he gives it [censored] for another minute, then says 'stfu' again.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the funny part.

Michael Davis
03-03-2005, 04:22 AM
So the bot has a few different words. After he says "STFU" if a guy keeps ragging on him, he has about twenty different things to say like "UR A FISH" or whatever. But about half the time he says nothing else.

Really, if you just plug in a bunch of different slightly offensive phrases and made sure it didn't respond every time (maybe only once every few hours), this would not be easy to detect.

-Michael

sthief09
03-03-2005, 04:50 AM
I heard EZMILLIONS is really Phil Hellmuth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gramps
03-03-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
LimeHouseII: oh yeah?
LimeHouseII: prove it ro-bot!
LimeHouseII: answer me this......why?
E22A14: see, unless its a generic sentence he doesn't talk
E22A14: i read an article about bots like EZ last week
E22A14: and this is what they said they would do
Atropo: where ya from EZ?
EZMILLIONS: I am from New Jersey
LimeHouseII: all the latest models are....
krow73: biznatchy , where are you from
E22A14: you should be more worried about EZ than him
E22A14: EZ, what's the weather like today?
Atropo: lol
E22A14: ugh, see?
LimeHouseII: wow

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just f-ing hilarious at the end. His humor at the end demonstrates a level of thinking (and on the spot) that you'd expect from a top notch poker player. Always one step ahead of your opponent. I vote it's a human 100% of the time.

surfdoc
03-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Funny stuff.

Along the same lines, my curiosity extends to Liverchop. Nobody around here ever mentions this guy but he is on top of the money list in my VERY large database and its not even close. Anyone got info on this guy? Is this a 2+2er?

fsuplayer
03-03-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny stuff.

Along the same lines, my curiosity extends to Liverchop. Nobody around here ever mentions this guy but he is on top of the money list in my VERY large database and its not even close. Anyone got info on this guy? Is this a 2+2er?

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy is as solid as they come.

stoxtrader
03-03-2005, 10:46 AM
this one is always a favorite of mine.

/initiating chat sequence/

hello?

EZmillions? hahahahah, who comes up with a clever name and then uses all caps for it?

CORed
03-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I think he's a human and he's just messing with everyone. My standard reply when I'm asked if I'm a bot (and it's happened a few times) is "I'm programmed to say no". I often don't reply to chat because I don't always have time to do so while playig 4 tables.

CORed
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh, come on now. Everyone knows that real bots speak hexadecimal.
Say 1768C47

ojsdaman
03-03-2005, 05:26 PM
see the problem is that there is no way to prove a bot, and almost no way to stop them..

rdu $teve
03-04-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think having a bot respond to certain phrases with "FU" or "STFU" would be hugely +EV. Even if it doesn't totally make sense in context, you can't really conclude anything from this, especially if the bot mixes up about ten different insults.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta mix in some weird stuff when you win a pot
-I like tacos (of MicroBob fame)
-All your chips are belong to us
-SHIP IT
-Thanks for the cheeseburgers
-next case (for all you tilt fans)
-I have xxxxxxxxx (where xxxx is whatever your hand is, like saying it when you play B&M)
-Did I win that hand?
-stack growing = good
-easy money