PDA

View Full Version : When to start stealing

PoBoy321
03-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm new to playing STTs and I've been playing $10+1s on party and some of the steps. Anyway, I think that one of my biggest problems is not stealing blinds early enough. I usually wait until the 4th level (blinds 50/100) to start stealing, but lately I've found that I don't have a large enough chip stack to effectively steal by that point, so should I start stealing earlier? If so, how much earlier?

spentrent
03-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Stealing early doesn't help that much: you get 25 chips in level 1, 45 on level 2, and 75 on level 3.

[ QUOTE ]
I usually wait until the 4th level (blinds 50/100) to start stealing, but lately I've found that I don't have a large enough chip stack to effectively steal by that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT TRUE! You just need to use your whole stack instead of a 3-4 BB raise.

PSUinDC
03-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree here... using your whole stack to steal in level 4 is more than likely appropriate, especially if you have a limper or two behind you.

Also, I try to do the occassional steal in lvl 3, being a little more selective with what hands I steal with... but not pushing my whole stack in (too early IMO).

spentrent
03-02-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I try to do the occassional steal in lvl 3, being a little more selective with what hands I steal with... but not pushing my whole stack in (too early IMO).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to occasionally violate 2+2 low stakes commandments on level 3 and open-raise in the middle with a hand that will bust a caller. Like 22-99.

Scuba Chuck
03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
OP, I think you might be leaking cheaps in the early levels.

You should post some HHs to get some real help.