PDA

View Full Version : Strange Satellite Situation

Sluss
03-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Turbo Sat so the blinds are insane up to 1,000/2,000. Top 6 get a seat 8th and 7th get their entry back. Down to 7. After the blinds raped my stack I am short stack down to 980 chips.

Four players have about 4,000, two guys have actual managable stacks one with 27,000 and one with 18,000.

I pick up A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO. Big Stack raises the minimum UTG, which he has done on about half of the hands at the final table.

Should I call here because it may be my best hand I see and I will be forced all-in in three hands? Or should I wait for the three hands and hope someone makes a mistake and busts before me?

RRRRICK
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
You are in a pretty hopeless situation. You have less chips than the SB. You might not pick up any sort of hand in the next 3. Your opponents are aware of these factors and are waiting for you to bust. Call and take a shot, if the SB and BB fold you are heads up with an Ace. If your opponent has a bigger Ace than your a dog, but what can you do you are running out of time

Shorty35
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Even if you double up, you still are the short stack without enough to cover the coming big blind. If you get callers in addition to the minraiser (which shoud be expected), you are probably in real trouble; and even tripling up doesnt cover both the blinds.

Thus, I think you need to wait and pray that someone does something stupid and/or that you get lucky in the bb. If you get a premium hand earlier, I suppose you push -- but you should expect multiple callers.

Sluss
03-02-2005, 07:10 PM
No one here is calling. Who wants to go broke with the flat payout? Everyone who is left to call would have to go all in because the min raise is the size of their stack.

Cisco
03-02-2005, 07:25 PM
You are fishing without a pole. A-7 is probably as good as its gonna get but you will probably be up against two others which makes things even tougher for you. You may want to wait for the BB and hope someone does something stupid prior to that...but I see nothing wrong with pushing all in with a-7 against someone playing a lot of hands, but you really don't have any good options.

HoldingFolding
03-02-2005, 10:17 PM
What stacks are left in the SB and BB? If they're big enough they'll call. In a recent satellite, 22 left 21 qualify, tiny stack pushed from UTG+1, everyone with 5BBs or more called (which was pretty funny as we hadn't seen a flop for about half an hour), UTG+1's JJ lost to big stack's 94o.

Sluss
03-03-2005, 08:16 AM
The guy with 18,000 is in the BB but he is basically just check folding home. Everyone at the table besides him and the big stack have 2BB or less.

This is why this play is interseting to me. If I triple up here I have enough to only cover the big blind still. The gain I get is that when I am in the BB, the SB will have about the same amount of chips as me. So if he picks up 27o he might wait and give me a walk because he will have the chance of going broke with three other guys about to be all-in in the BB before it gets back to him.

If I wait it out for three more hands and am forced in BB vs. SB I would think the big stack will only raise with a good hand. Why do it with any two? He gains nothing by finishing first. So now instead of having to face a decent, but not good hand, I could be facing Garbage from the SB.

I am stuck here, but not completly screwed, with so many extremely short stacks I only need to win one BB to survive.

By the way, I did call. Big stack turned over QJ and spiked a J on the flop. No help for me.