PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 Hand review Play the same?

RustedCorpse
03-02-2005, 05:32 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Should I have bet the turn heads up?

meep_42
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
I think I might c/r that turn, may bet out again -- definitely not check/call.

With no read, I'm not sure.

-d

PokerBob
03-02-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have.

sfer
03-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I would checkraise the flop to try to fold pairs smaller than a Q and AK.

thirddan
03-02-2005, 05:58 PM
this is normally what i would do, but lately i have been seeing more 3bets than folds...i really doubt that a hand like 88 is gonna fold to your c/r and no way AK does (my experience at 3/6)...

masonx
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
trifecta it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

k_squared
03-02-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
trifecta it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I do think three betting it is the play some of the time... but lets say a little more to add to the conversation.

The three bet on the turn is only good if it makes it more likely that you will win as a result. Which means you have to be playing someone who is capable of folding a hand at this point.

Yet, if you are heads up in the blinds, and out of position, you are faced with a difficult situation. The three bet from the big blind could be from a wide range of hands, many of which include bigger aces without a queen, hands that have a nine (10-9 suited, k-9, k-9 suited... depending on how aggressively he defends his blinds) and hands that have weak queens (i.e. q-10s).

Not knowing the specifics of your opponents style of play it is hard to say what his betting on the turn means. I would say you are definately getting odds to call, but by raising you are just decreasing the odds the pot is laying proportional to the amount you are putting in. So, UNLESS you can get some added value from an opponent who will fold if you play it aggressively, it doesn't seem to make that much sense to three bet anything. Who is going to fold to the three bet? Well there are people who would bet out the turn after your sign of weakness and fold to the check-raise. The question then is how will your opponent react to that check-raise?

If he is someone who would only bet willing to raise probably if he had you beat then the raise costs you money.

But if he is willing to lay down a hand to a check-raise then it makes it an interesting play. Personally at low limits i think you tend to run into people who are unwilling to release hands more often than people who will fold to aggression. If he is a typical weak passive player then the raise seems out of place to me.

playing the blinds can be tough, and costly!

-k_squared

masonx
03-02-2005, 07:59 PM
i was mainly being sarcastic.. especially the third checkraise.. no way BB is laying it down there

Harv72b
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In any HU situation, keep betting until you encounter resistance, especially if you actually have a made hand or strong outs (like in this hand). The only time I would consider check/calling this turn HU is if I actually did have a 9 in my hand, and felt it likely my opponent would bet the turn and river if checked to.

brettbrettr
03-02-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was mainly being sarcastic

[/ QUOTE ]

On a 2+2 board? How novel.

BottlesOf
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Standard flop c/r and turn lead for me.