PDA

View Full Version : Hands I'm Happy About [not a lot of content, but some]

Schneids
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
You're welcome to comment if you like but I'm not sure what really needs to be said. I played these four hands a few days ago in a session where I felt like I was playing, literally, the best poker of my life (btw I lost $1000 in the session /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). For the first time in my life I seriously felt like I was playing opponents who were telling me their hands and plans.

Hand One
$20/40 6-max, 6 players.

PF: Schneids raises [As Th] UTG. 1 fold. CO 3-bets. SB calls, BB folds, Schneids calls.

Flop: [Ts Ac 8d]
SB bets, Schneids calls, CO raises, SB calls, Schneids calls.

Turn: [4d]
SB bets, Schneids calls, CO raises, SB calls, Schneids 3-bets, CO calls, SB calls.

River: [3c]
SB checks, Schneids bets, both call. Schneids wins 20BB pot.

Hand Two
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Schneids calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Td Jd (straight, jack high).
Schneids has Kd As (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: BB wins 9.25 BB. </font>

Hand 3
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Schneids calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Schneids has As Jc (straight, ace high).
Button has 4d Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: Schneids wins 21.50 BB. </font>

Hand Four
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Schneids checks.

River: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Schneids caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

SB has As Kc (one pair, aces).
Schneids has Tc Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: Schneids wins 12 BB. </font>

I know hands 3 and 4 might seem "no duh" but I include them after hand 2 to show that I'm actually hand reading and not just throwing chips into the pot when I have a strong hand, though at the same time willing to give action without the nuts.

There were plenty of others but these ones stand out most in my mind. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

bunky9590
03-02-2005, 04:06 PM
EXPERT PLAY! Seriously bro, perfectly executed.

Look at the bright side, you earned your X.XBB/100 that session anyway, probably a bit higher than normal with those expert plays. You cry to kick about this session? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

arkady
03-02-2005, 04:12 PM
All hands look very good, but there might be something to say on the river of hand 2.

Given the nature of the board there are a lot of possible hands that might be helped that you still beat. Things like; A9, K9, 89, 87, etc. Granted if you feel villain would have raised you earlier with a majority of those holdings, than I suppose your call is ok. But I *might* often be tempted to 3 bet that river. Because the chance of him having one of those multiple hands is quite higher than him having specifically JT. Sadly once villain caps, I know I am toast.

Klak
03-02-2005, 04:25 PM
i was thinking the same thing before the saw the result. im almost sure i would 3-bet that.

Guido
03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi Schneids,

I would like to know why you don't raise the turn the first time in hand one. Waiting on the flop seems ok but why wait again on the turn? Were you very certain that the CO would raise again so you could 3-bet?

All the other hands seem standard. I probably don't auto 3-bet AJo preflop in hand 3 but rest is easy.

Thanks,

Guido

Schneids
03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would like to know why you don't raise the turn the first time in hand one. Waiting on the flop seems ok but why wait again on the turn? Were you very certain that the CO would raise again so you could 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I felt very confident this guy had exactly AK and he would raise again on the turn since he was on the aggressive side postflop.

kidcolin
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I thought the delayed turn 3 bet in hand #1 was brilliant. Well played.

Hand #4 was very solid as well. I can't really blame the guy for going for a check-raise, or for letting you bet the hand, given your aggressive nature, but that was an excellent check and the guy got burned.

Grisgra
03-02-2005, 05:24 PM
I can say with 95% confidence that I would play all of these exactly the same way, with the possible exception of not having the guts to cap the river in Hand #4 . . . I probably would, but can't say so with 95% confidence. I LOVE Hand #1.

Thusly, I am clearly just as good as Schneids, or at least, 90% as good . . . so where's my freakin' money??!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PS Hand #3, do you 3-bet it if the SB isn't around? Or did you already have a read that the button guy was a mega-LAG?

PPS Um . . . what's the Button's Party nick in Hand #3?

sfer
03-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Hands 1 and 2 are absolutely beautiful.

Danenania
03-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I usually 3-bet hand 2 then kick myself in the nuts after it gets capped.

helpmeout
03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
standard

Guy McSucker
03-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Who am I to criticise but...

[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, Schneids bets, Button raises, SB calls, Schneids 3-bets, Button calls, SB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You broke stripsqueez's golden rule.

Also, if I just called the river in hand 2 and posted it I would be called weak. Dude, you rock.

You actually do rock, of course, but I think you owe the other guy in that hand 2 big bets. He earned 'em.

Guy.

Schneids
03-02-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you owe the other guy in that hand 2 big bets. He earned 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he c/r me on the river, I thought about it for a second: If he had A7, he'd have done something differently on the flop. I didn't think he was loose enough to have any other seven. If he had two pair before that I was pretty sure he'd have c/r the turn or the flop. So his check call with a gutter made sense, and then another check call on the turn when he picked up a double gutter. Boom, it clicked. Suddenly what is usually a 3-bet turned into a crying call. I was very confident I was beat yet not confident enough to muck it right there, just in case what I felt so sure about in his playing style was wrong.