PDA

View Full Version : Do people ever sicken you?

Tyler Durden
03-02-2005, 02:34 PM
What's up with people who speak just to hear their own voice? Or just want to show how smart they are?

Example: I was at a family thing like two years ago and we start discussing NYC politics. My uncle, my aunt's brother and I. We talk about how Ed Koch, David Dinkins and Rudy Guiliani really cleaned up the city. Didn't take long to cover and when they kept talking I was like, what's going on here? Are you actually interested in discussing this further or are you just showing how knowledged you are?

Anyone else feel like this?

Please discuss.

Oh yea, it happens like ALL the time!

BeerMoney
03-02-2005, 02:37 PM
This sort of behavior doesn't really sicken me as much as other behaviors. sorry. So, you brought up a point, and people felt they were knowledgeable, and continued to discuss it. Happens on here all the time. No biggie.

jimdmcevoy
03-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Meh, I just tune out when people do it.

Tyler Durden
03-02-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This sort of behavior doesn't really sicken me as much as other behaviors. sorry. So, you brought up a point, and people felt they were knowledgeable, and continued to discuss it. Happens on here all the time. No biggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but I'm talking about when people (not on this site specifically) beat a subject to death just b/c they want to impress each other.

If I bring up a subject on here that I want people's thoughts/opinions on, then that's great, I want to hear what people have to say. But that's not what I'm referring to.

Rushmore
03-02-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's up with people who speak just to hear their own voice? Or just want to show how smart they are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is sickening.

But it can't hold a candle to people who EAT loudly, smacking their lips and grunting with each delectable morsel of matter they jam into their grinding maws.

People who eat in this fashion should be separated out of society and put on a farm somewhere, so that they might not continue to horrify the rest of us with their seemingly never-ending mastication processes.

I guess that's not really what you were looking for, but there it is anyway.

Tyler Durden
03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is sickening.

But it can't hold a candle to people who EAT loudly, smacking their lips and grunting with each delectable morsel of matter they jam into their grinding maws.

People who eat in this fashion should be separated out of society and put on a farm somewhere, so that they might not continue to horrify the rest of us with their seemingly never-ending mastication processes.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my college friends/roommates used to make an awful slurping sound when he ate pasta. That was upsetting. I was like, dude, eat the pasta, don't fellate it.

asofel
03-02-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my college friends/roommates used to make an awful slurping sound when he ate pasta. That was upsetting. I was like, dude, eat the pasta, don't fellate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well done

jakethebake
03-02-2005, 02:48 PM
When they have a cold or something and they get real close and breathe on me I usually end up being sickened.

istewart
03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Excessive belching is also really annoying. Like, guys who do it to hear themselves do it.

And what's the deal with cancer?

stabn
03-02-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But it can't hold a candle to people who EAT loudly, smacking their lips and grunting with each delectable morsel of matter they jam into their grinding maws

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandfather does this. No one can stand to eat with him, and being across the table from him is especially bad (since he also chews with his mouth open). It's one reason i loathe holidays we spend with that side of my family.

BeerMoney
03-02-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is sickening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I thought I was uptight. My dad eats like a famished animal. When I went home for x-mas I finally had to start eating once he was finished. One interesting thing he does is suck in his salad like a vacuum. He'll get the piece of lettuce close to his mouth, and then, voooom, its sucked in! nice!

Also, I had a Chinese friend who was also their, eating like an animal as well. (Chinese guys are very loud eaters.. Its like a sign of virility if you don't give a f*** about manners apparently.)

Duke
03-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I dislike the opposite.

Bring up a controversial point that has about 15,000,000 pieces of data affecting possible opinions on it, then bitch because the conversation is more in-depth than they were prepared for.

This is how most people like to discuss things, since throwing around baseless opinions is en vogue. I've taken to remaining silent in these conversations, since if I offer any sort of an opinion on anything, I'll present at least the most relevant data that led me to form the opinion.

When people are agreeing that's one thing, and it's gay to keep on talking. When someone disagrees with someone I'm usually interested in why. If I find that they have no real reason, I'm free to dismiss everything they ever say since their opinions are useless.

~D

MaxPower
03-02-2005, 03:19 PM
This is what old people do. Just be glad they weren't talking about what medications they are on and how sick everybody is.

astroglide
03-02-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its like a sign of virility if you don't give a f*** about manners apparently

[/ QUOTE ]

n1

tbach24
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yea, it happens like ALL the time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice touch.

Today there were people interviewing at my school and they came to my Pre-Calc class 3rd period. It's a 1-on-1 class due to the nature of my school. My teacher honestly rambled on about the most non-important things for like 15 minutes. It kinda pissed me off, but I was able to doze off so it was cool.

Tyler Durden
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And what's the deal with cancer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent Seinfeld reference.

tbach24
03-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Kid at my school does both and he's also got anger problems. There's nothing worse than when he's eating, gets angry and goes on a rant while still eating.