PDA

View Full Version : 3/2 NBA picks

Colt45
03-02-2005, 01:14 PM
5 Dogs and 1 Fav tonight

HOU +3 Mike James had a huge impact vs the Bulls last night. So the +3 looks really good to me.

SEA +4 They been playing well the last couple of games esp. vs the Pacers.

GS +6.5 GS playing well esp. with the addition of Baron Davis. Minn been really off the last couple of games, they really need Cassel back to get them back on the right track.

TOR +13.5 SA is a really good defensive team. But I think 13.5 points is really hard to cover vs the Raptors.

CHA +5 What can I say about this game. Bobcats came off a win vs the Kings and the Hornets SUX!!

DAL -4.5

MicroBob
03-02-2005, 02:52 PM
NO is definitely improved and just lst at SA by only 4.

CHA is terrible on the road. NO is reasonably tough at home.

This one is a no-play for me (for the time-being) but I can see taking CHA and just assuming the game will be closer than 5.

I'm liking the other picks though.

20Five
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Lots of action tonight... I think im going to restrict myself to maybe 3 plays for the evening, with my 3 strongest..

i'll hopefully get my totals plays on here before i get out of work.. kinda swamped though /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MicroBob
03-02-2005, 03:34 PM
After a couple of slow days of recent (including a no-play day) I'm liking the lines on just about EVERY freaking game out there.

Arrrgh. I'm such a square.

Post picks later.

03-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Funny, I hated most of them, which was disappointing since (1) there's a lot of action available tonight and (2) I went 0-3 last night (first ofer of the season of 3 or more picks I believe, uch). Lean right now toward Sacramento +6, maybe even if Brad Miller doesn't play. Stojakovic is supposed to be back, and with the Webber deal I think he may be the key to that team. He's going to get many more shots. Skinner played well filling in for Miller last night, so if they went with Bibby-Mobley-Stojko-Skinner-Songaila, I could live with it. Orlando doesn't seem to blow anyone out.

One of Miller or Songaila needs to play I think to take this bet.

I also thought the Boston/Lakers o/u might be low at 207, but now I see it's up to 207 1/2.

Others that I'll look at again before giving up on them are Seattle +4 1/2, San Antonio -13 1/2, Clippers + 4 1/2. Interested in thoughts.

oReo
03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
I've watch char on a couple of games, their defense is actually alright. I like char of NO.

GO ALL IN!

MicroBob
03-02-2005, 04:40 PM
I went 1-3 in the NBA yesterday...1-0 in NCAA (Indiana +10.5 at Wisconsin)

I'm action central tonight!!!

HOU +2
HOU/WAS O200.5
SEA +4.5
GS +6.5
TOR +13.5
TOR/SA U194.5
DAL -4.5
DAL/LAC O201.5

GS is looking decent. Played tough game at MEM yesterday afternoon.

HOU is convincing me. Yes....they're playing back-to-back. Not as much confidence consequently.

SEA is convincing me again too.

SA struggled with NO and they have had quite a few games where one would expect them to blow a team away and they just didn't do it. TOR keeps it in the 90's and reasonably close.

Boon23
03-02-2005, 05:06 PM
I think the best bet of the night for NBA might be the TOR +13.5 @ SA. Toronto has been off since saturday when they won at home against the Lakers. They are very well rested and can score alot. Also SanAnt has been having problems lately losing to memphis @ home last week and winning on a last second shot @ Cavs.

Another decent game I think is the Lakers @ Celtics -5. First game that Antoine is back in Beantown the way they have played lately especially beating the Suns in their hometown.

Also in NCAA G'Town @ UConn -11. Althought Uconn is pretty hot right now they almost never win by blowout. I'm a UConn fanbut G'town will cover

MicroBob
03-03-2005, 12:07 AM
kinda blah. not great, coulda been better.

4-3 so far with 2 picks still to go (DAL -4.5 and DAL O201.5).

My 4 wins weren't really even close (2 road-dogs won outright for me, GS and SEA).

My 3 losses were all close and I missed by a combined total of 3 points with my biggest loss coming by a whopping 1.5 points in the HOU/WAS over.

If I win both of my remaining picks to finish 6-3 I'll be pretty happy of course.

L - HOU +2 (HOU lost by 3)
L - HOU/WAS O200.5 (only had 199...neglected to list this one)
W - SEA +4.5 (won outright)
W - GS +6.5 (won outright)
L - GS/MIN U191.5 (lost by a 1/2 point)
W - TOR +13.5 (only lost by 6)
W - TOR/SA U194.5 (total was only 178)

Stupendous_Man
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I've just started sticking my toe into this arena and had my best night last night. Went 6 for 7! That's NBA and NCAA.

Nailed...

Raptors +14
TOR/SA U195
GS +6.5
Tulane +26
UConn -11
Nova -14.5

Lost...

GA Tech +7 in the 2nd half. Wasn't overly excited about this since WF was at home, but tried it anyways.

MicroBob
03-03-2005, 01:55 PM
lost both of my remaining picks in the DAL/LAC game to finish 4-5. meh!!