PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knowledgeable about rakebacks?

fire_fly
03-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Well, I posted a while on the micro's asking if anyone could recommend one of this sites endorsed rake rebate people, and no one responded, sooooo.... Here goes again. I've been looking through the links on this site and RakeBackRUs.com seems like the best one to me (and I would do it through this site, so no "we can't talk about it because then 2+2 wouldn't get their money" please). Anyone have any experience with these guys, either positive or negative? I'm going to be depositing 500 dollars in Party Poker to get the full $100 dollar bonus to play at .50/1. Any knowledgeable responses would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

CallMeIshmael
03-02-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd list my affiliate, and say I've had nothing but a great experience with them, but I believe that isn't allowed here.

Questions like this are probably better suited for RGP (though, that's about all it's good for).

http://www.recpoker.com/index.php?group_id=1

MyssGuy
03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Read the classifieds.

fire_fly
03-02-2005, 02:13 PM
You know, to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of this "we can't talk about it" bull. Ok lets review the facts.

1.) I've already bought three 2+2 books, total, about a hundred dollars. 2.) I click on their links periodically, because, you know what? I want to. They are pertinent to my poker playing and I am interested. Result? They make money. Now All I'd like to do is to be able to discuss a subject which is also pertinent to my poker playing, which is what these forums are created for, but just because ppl are afraid that 2+2 will not make even MORE money from me, this subject cannot be discussed. The previous poster has found a rakeback site which works great for him, and I am not allowed to know about it and have a similer great experience solely on the fact that 2+2 MIGHT not get more money ( and I say might because if the rakeback entity DOES advertise on this site, then yes, I will go through this site.)

So what I am pretty much saying is that I, who am only one out of tens of thousands of loyal 2+2ers, have already given the company well over a hundred dollars of my money. Do I think they "deserve" more by INSISTING that this subject not be talked about. F*** no. And what just really bugs me is that because of this hush-hush attitude, I will more than likely sign up and be stuck with a sub-par company, when I could have been able to get the very best one and be that much more happy with it had this untalked about "gag order" not been issued by this site. Anybody have any ideas? And moderators, I'm sure you have something to say about this subject, so if you'd like to chime in, that would be great. I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

PokerBob
03-02-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of this "we can't talk about it" bull. Ok lets review the facts.

1.) I've already bought three 2+2 books, total, about a hundred dollars. 2.) I click on their links periodically, because, you know what? I want to. They are pertinent to my poker playing and I am interested. Result? They make money. Now All I'd like to do is to be able to discuss a subject which is also pertinent to my poker playing, which is what these forums are created for, but just because ppl are afraid that 2+2 will not make even MORE money from me, this subject cannot be discussed. The previous poster has found a rakeback site which works great for him, and I am not allowed to know about it and have a similer great experience solely on the fact that 2+2 MIGHT not get more money ( and I say might because if the rakeback entity DOES advertise on this site, then yes, I will go through this site.)

So what I am pretty much saying is that I, who am only one out of tens of thousands of loyal 2+2ers, have already given the company well over a hundred dollars of my money. Do I think they "deserve" more by INSISTING that this subject not be talked about. F*** no. And what just really bugs me is that because of this hush-hush attitude, I will more than likely sign up and be stuck with a sub-par company, when I could have been able to get the very best one and be that much more happy with it had this untalked about "gag order" not been issued by this site. Anybody have any ideas? And moderators, I'm sure you have something to say about this subject, so if you'd like to chime in, that would be great. I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

And on the 8th day God created both the "internet" forum and the Private Message.

fire_fly
03-02-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And on the 8th day God created both the "internet" forum and the Private Message.

[/ QUOTE ]

That got a laugh out of me at a time when I'm feeling a *little* annoyed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Catt
03-02-2005, 03:04 PM
You really think this is about making more money from you? Could avoiding the deluge of spam and thereby making the forums more useful for all be part of the reason? Could this rule have been imposed by the site managers because in the absence of the rule there were real problems?

You're using these forums without cost and they are incredibly helpful to most posters. But because there's a rule in place that you don't like you throw a hissy fit and lash out at the site managers / owners? And the fact that you are "getting tired of this bull" should carry some weight?

Dude, chill out; regain some perspective. Follow the rules.

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1282574&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

fire_fly
03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think this is about making more money from you?[quote/]

Yes, I do. Slightly less so now after reading your post, but still yes.

[ QUOTE ]

Could avoiding the deluge of spam and thereby making the forums more useful for all be part of the reason? Could this rule have been imposed by the site managers because in the absence of the rule there were real problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, good point. This thought honestly hadn't entered my mind. But there has to be a better way around this potential problem than just "no speaking about it ever in any way."

It IS a pertinent subject about online poker. It should be talked about in some way. I know ppl would try to advertise so they could make money, but what about strictly general discussion about the different rakeback sites without giving your personal info (so that the person recommending a site could not be used as a reference)? I don't see how this wouldn't work.

I like this site a lot. It helps me when I have a poker question. Just in the last week, I've had big questions about: counting outs, raising with medium pocket pairs in late position w/many limpers, having a custom avatar, and playing overcards. All of these questions have been fully answered by multiple ppl and I no longer have questions because of it. Then I want to know about rakeback, and I can get just about no information. You see where my frustration is coming from a little bit? And the fact that once you sign up for a rakeback place you can NEVER change is why I want to do it right the first time (obviously, and this is the reason I'm annoyed we can't even talk about it.) Hope this clears my feelings on the subject up a little bit.

Catt
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
OK - here's a suggestion:

Draft an email that details:

(1) your playing habits (limits, # hands per month, total share of rake attributed to you);

(2) your intentions going forward ("I expect to play XXXX hands per month for the foreseeable future and will likely be playing at X level soon");

(3) the poker site you want to establish your rakeback deal on;

(4) a request for a quote on the deal the affiliate is prepared to offer;

(5) a request for references from regular 2+2 posters (i.e., "I would also like the 2+2 screennames of three players under you that I can PM at 2+2 to get a reference on you"); and

(6) a statement that you are emailing this same message to a number of other potential affiliates.

Then send the message to all the affiliates that advertise in 2+2 classifieds and to others you may know about. You'll get responses and a lot of information to evaluate and you'll do so in a way that keeps the forums cleaner and doesn't run afoul of the forum rules.

sthief09
03-02-2005, 04:26 PM
look at the ads. and before you post, ask yourself "does this belong here?" for example "does rakeback have to do with the strategy for small stakes hold'em?" if the answer is no, then don't post

Erik W
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
I think gettin a good RakeBack program is one of the best strategies you can have when u already have become a winning player.

masonx
03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Just a thought but couldnt you just private messeage the guy that said he had a great affiliate program?

emonrad87
03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
This is their forum, not yours. It is not a democratic place. It is OWNED by 2+2. They can do with it what they wish. If they chose to block all posts relating to top pair, second kicker, they could. Yes, it would be ludacris. But they could. The fact is that this rule was made for a reason. A very good reason, in fact.

Also, BTW, you didnt even get the right forum. Stuff like this USED to belong in the Internet forum.