PDA

View Full Version : Clarkmeister Flush Theorem Exception?

MaxPower
03-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Here is a hand I played in the 20/40 at Foxwoods recently where I didn't use the Clarkmeister play.

I was in the BB and the guy to my left was a total nutcase. He played almost every hand to the river often betting and raising with weak hands and bluffing plenty. I wouldn't call him a pure maniac because he limped in a lot and sometimes played passively - he was really one of a kind.

So the nutcase limps in as do 3 other players. I have Q3o in the BB and check.

The flop was a Queen with two small clubs. I bet and everyone called.

The turn was a 3rd club that didn't complete any straight draws (I didn't have a club). I bet, the nutcase raised, everybody folded and I called.

The river was the Queen of clubs. I checked, he bet and I called.

chief444
03-02-2005, 01:11 PM
I'd say this is fine because there's no way you can lay your hand down and feel good about it. I'd say there's also little chance of this opponent checking a worse hand through after raising the turn. So it seems check/call is the best option.

aas
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
often betting and raising with weak hands and bluffing plenty

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this opponent checking and calling is best because he might happily raise your river bet, and you know you'll have to call. The theorem assumes that you know that you have to fold if you face a raise.

Checking and folding is not a option here. By checking you are almost sure that he will bet no matter what he has, so check-call.