PDA

View Full Version : STRAIGHTS & FLUSHES ON THE FLOP

TEKEE
03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I KNOW FROM MY READINGS THAT THE ODDS OF MAKING A FLUSH ON THE FLOP ARE 118 TO 1 & THE ODDS OF MAKING A STRAIGHT ARE 76 TO 1 DOES ONLINE PLAY CHANGE THESE ODDS? PLEASE HELP ME

Edge34
03-02-2005, 02:51 PM
YES

ONLINE YOU WILL FLOP A FLUSH 1 IN 3785 TIMES. YOU WILL FLOP A STRAIGHT SLIGHTLY LESS, 1 IN 4890 TIMES. ONLINE IS RIGGED.

edit: to avoid being a COMPLETE JACKASS, I'll just help you out and say you have some reading to do around here....you'll find plenty of these answers if you just look around a while...

jakethebake
03-02-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YES

ONLINE YOU WILL FLOP A FLUSH 1 IN 3785 TIMES. YOU WILL FLOP A STRAIGHT SLIGHTLY LESS, 1 IN 4890 TIMES. ONLINE IS RIGGED.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: This does not apply if you're multi-tabling. In that case your should multiply the odds by your number of tables and divide by the square root of your IQ.

Dominic
03-02-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YES

edit: to avoid being a COMPLETE JACKASS, I'll just help you out and say you have some reading to do around here....you'll find plenty of these answers if you just look around a while...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you can play poker online???

asofel
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW FROM MY READINGS THAT THE ODDS OF MAKING A FLUSH ON THE FLOP ARE 118 TO 1 & THE ODDS OF MAKING A STRAIGHT ARE 76 TO 1 DOES ONLINE PLAY CHANGE THESE ODDS? PLEASE HELP ME

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT ARE THESE READINGS YOU MENTIONED? IF THEY CAN TELL YOU, AND YOU CAN UNDERSTAND, THE ODDS OF FLOPPING STRAIGHTS AND FLUSHES, BUT WONDER IF ITS DIFFERENT ONLINE, THEN I WOULD SUGGEST DIFFERENT READINGS.

AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, IT DEPENDS ON POSITION. SEE MY PREVIOUS ANSWER HERE (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1840999&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

Beavis68
03-02-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on your random score that was generated when you signed up. This determines you hit more or less than average - no one hits the average.

k_squared
03-02-2005, 05:47 PM
I can't help but think there is a weeding out process that happens to new posters. Either they can take being ragged on when they ask a dumb question, and they eventually learn a lot more, or they can't and they leave...

Who thinks Teekee will be sticking with us?

Do you understand why your question is so absolutely absurd Tee?

What could possibly make you think that the odds change when you play online?

-k_squared

p.s. what have you read?