PDA

View Full Version : NEW Metal Inlay Chips > Customized?

memphis_aces
03-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Anyone ever heard of these guys? I've never seen these designs before... not bad for cheap composite chips....

Just wondering if anyone's heard if the company is reputable or if the custom engraving is any good.

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63759&item=6159046 579&rd=1

This part makes me a little nervous:
We accept almost all major credit cards and money orders. Please go to the link that you receive from our checkout. Do not use ebay or paypal checkout as it will not work. You will receive a winning bidders notice from us that will include the link to go to our merchant providers secure encrypted site. This is a much safer way to pay than many other sellers offer.

Fins
03-02-2005, 01:28 PM
That layout is obnoxious... what's with the "High Stakes" overlay in white on the text description... at least I think that's what is says as it's pretty hard to see.

I agree they're not bad... I'd like to see a sample.

[ QUOTE ]
We accept almost all major credit cards and money orders. Please go to the link that you receive from our checkout. Do not use ebay or paypal checkout as it will not work. You will receive a winning bidders notice from us that will include the link to go to our merchant providers secure encrypted site. This is a much safer way to pay than many other sellers offer.

[/ QUOTE ]
That part doesn't make me nearly as nervous as this:

From his profile...
<font color="red">Private Feedback
This member, brian_mare, has decided to make their feedback comments private. </font>

Coupled with 23 negatives &amp; 17 neutrals out of 499 in the last month.

- Fins

ky70
03-02-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That layout is obnoxious... what's with the "High Stakes" overlay in white on the text description... at least I think that's what is says as it's pretty hard to see.

I agree they're not bad... I'd like to see a sample.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That part doesn't make me nearly as nervous as this:

From his profile...
<font color="red">Private Feedback
This member, brian_mare, has decided to make their feedback comments private. </font>

Coupled with 23 negatives &amp; 17 neutrals out of 499 in the last month.

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever this guy started selling recently has really been getting bad feedback...23 of his 28 negative replies and all 17 of his neutral replies for the past 6 months have come in the past month. Past month = 460 pos, 23 neg, 17 neutral...Past 6 months (excluding past month) = 423 pos, 5 neg, 0 neutral.
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

smoore
03-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Sometimes good ebay accounts get hijacked by bad people. Dunno.

memphis_aces
03-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Never Considered this... but very possible.

However... if the guy was a power seller, would he not have contacted Ebay and gotten control of his account back before a month had passed?

Who knows... I'll probably stay away....

theRealMacoy
03-03-2005, 12:05 PM
also almost all of his nagative feedback from the past 12 months has come in the past month....something is rotten in the state of Denmark

cheers,
the Real Macoy

FatMan
03-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Never, ever, under any circumstances go outside of E-bay to buy, sell, or pay for an item. This is a huge red flag for fraud. If you go outside of E-bay/paypal you loose any protection you might have had.

Some key things to look at here in his auction as well. He states you will get the plain (Dice) chips right away, but the custom metal chips will take 90 days. My guess is you will get the Dice chips, but never the custom chips. He will string you along until day 61 after which your chargeback rights for credit cards will be expired and you will be stuck with an overpriced set of Dice chips. That's just my opinion though.