PDA

View Full Version : Another tipping post (dealers educate me)

sean c
03-02-2005, 12:18 PM
I am mainly a limit cash game player but recently played in a tournament. Buy in $203 they said the $3 was for the dealers not the house. Long story short we got five handed and made a deal top (combined top five places and paid all five players an equal amount). Only one of the players toked the dealers and I had no clue what was the norm. I did not toke the dealers and felt like a real ass afterward. How much should I have tipped and who should I have given it to(there were five dealers)? Can I just give it to the floor and he/she will take care of it for me?

bigfishead
03-02-2005, 12:28 PM
As a dealer I wouldnt tell you how much to tip. It shows no class.

However should you choose to toke then just give it to the guy that hands you your payout and say "give this to the dealers". Some players actually appreciate the job a dealer does and in an instance such as this would actually say to the others getting paid something like...."hey guys lets take care of the dealers too."

There are plenty of very very good dealers out there. Lets face it the house aint gonna pay'em(us). So unless you want them to give it up and have nothing but ignorant mullets dealing to you that could care less, and will make more mistakes COSTING YOU MONEY, toke the good ones. We need you to help us pay our bills and maybe take a vacation once every few years.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts. Hope it didnt sound overly demanding. I thank y'all for helping me pay my bills each and every day.