PDA

View Full Version : This Hand Feels Yucky

jimdmcevoy
03-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($718.40)
MP3 ($515.80)
CO ($256.90)
Hero ($197)
SB ($97.35)
BB ($199)
UTG ($78)
UTG+1 ($89.50)
MP1 ($201.25)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $47</font>, Hero calls $17.

Flop: ($101) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $103</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $204

Thoughts Preflop: I thought there was a good chance he had AK/QQ maybe even JJ and was minraising to see if his hand was good. Basically I felt if I raise he folds all his dominated hands, and only stays in with AA. Given my action had I reraised, how could I have anything besides AA/KK?

Flop: I only win against QQ, and he could have the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif giving him 11 outs. Given his range of hands I thought a fold was best.

Sam T.
03-02-2005, 12:30 PM
Maybe I love KK too much, but I'm re-popping pre-flop, and if both of us get all our chips in the middle I'm happy. If he has AA, that's tough for me. And if he folds AK, I just made 25 BB without worrying about an ace coming on the river.

I guess my question would be, if you put him on AA or KK, how are you going to proceed post flop following your call? If it comes anything other than ace-high, you still don't have any idea where you are.

In some ways, that flop is a blessing. Good fold.

My two cents,

Sam

jimdmcevoy
03-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Woops forgot to explain my post flop plan:

try and get all his chips in on a non-Ace board.

not sure about Q-high board

TrailofTears
03-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Very well played. Terrible flop, but very well played.

-T

jhall23
03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
I think you played this hand well and agree with Berge's analysis. Unless you have a good read that this player will call an all-in PF with AK,QQ,JJ calling is good PF. That is just about the worst possible flop you could imagine. I think the fold is pretty easy without the Ks. If you had that you'd have to do a little more thinking on the flop.

jimdmcevoy
03-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the confidence boost everyone, I need it as I just moved up limits /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw Berge, about the line of not re-raising his $13 PFR, I've often thought about this, are you saying you never re-raise some ones PFR?

jonnyUCB
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
yea preflop action is the interesting part in this hand. Did you have any reads on the player? Is he aggressive pre from the cut-off/button? Is he aggressive in general? A call of the orgiinal PFR is pretty sound if you see him as aggressive and his hand range for making the raise is wide. Have you seen him respecting reraises? If not then a reraise here might not be the best play (as it is he re-popped you, putting u on the defensive on the flop; but then again if you just called and he wont respect... then the flop would be horrible for you too).