PDA

View Full Version : Party/skin's "phone card" deposit option

teddyFBI
03-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I just noticed that they had an option to deposit with some kind of proprietary prepaid "phone card"...my friend in Maryland can't use Neteller and his credit cards have locks against depositing to e-gaming sites...I was just wondering: is this phone card deposit option Party's "end-around" the prohibitions that most US credit cards place on e-gaming payments? I.e. can he use his Mastercard/Visa to buy a Party "phone card" and just use it to deposit to his account, even though his card won't work with the 'credit card deposit' option??

Baulucky
03-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Yes, you can buy a phone card with a credit card, but the fees are horrendous. A better option maybe to get someone to buy a party gift certificate for one to use.

teddyFBI
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you can buy a phone card with a credit card, but the fees are horrendous. A better option maybe to get someone to buy a party gift certificate for one to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, didn't even know there were fees associated with it - i guess they keep that fact hidden until the actual purchase point.

jb9
03-02-2005, 01:52 PM
This is how I funded my Party account. I think it was called a "global connect" calling card or something like that.

The fee seemed fairly high to me (5-6%), but I had become so frustrated with trying to find a way to sign up (all my credit cards were rejected, I did not want to link Neteller to my bank account, etc.) that I just paid it (I rationalized it by thinking that the fee was less than the bonus I was getting from Party).

Aside from the fee, I think the process was fairly painless (they may have called to verify but I can't remember).