PDA

View Full Version : A Few MTT questions

masonx
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I have had considerable success playing the ocassional MTT but i havnt really started getting serious about online poker until the last 2 or 3 months and i stopped playing tournaments all together and stuck mostly to limit hold'em so i have no stats of my tournaments. But i did well as i said earlier.

I was wondering if its possible to have long term profit in MTT's and if its worth playing.

IF so what kind of bankroll would i need for say 20+2 MTT's etc. And what kind of hourly rate could i expect.
basically all the expected stats of being a serious MTT player.

Thank you

GtrHtr
03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Great photo!

ansky451
03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if its possible to have long term profit in MTT's and if its worth playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this question for real?

hurlyburly
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
I'll take a stab. Last year I only played the occasional MTT and had most of my focus on the STT/SnG. At the end of the year I saw that I was able to maintain a 25% ROI on the singles, but the hourly rate was miserable unless I was able to effectively 4table, which I don't like to do. I compared my MTT results, which it turned out were 115% ROI for the year.

This year I've focused almost exclusively on the MTT and have a 325% ROI for my first 22 tournys. I don't know if this is sustainable, but it feels like much less of a grind than low-limit SnGs.

My BR is 1k, anything over that I pull out every month, and I haven't had to redeposit yet. I sweat whan I get down to $700 and that pressure usually helps me find a win. I play everything from the $3R satellites to the $50 level (with one very shoddy attempt at a $100+9).

I doubt you'll be able to maintain a decent hourly rate in the 20+2s, but you don't have to stop your ring games for them, so it should be cumulative.

masonx
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
well obviously its possible for long term profit. But does the level of luck shut out the edges you push against weaker players enough so that i would be better off playing limit ring's

And know when i asked it i didnt in tend it for any purpose to "be real"