PDA

View Full Version : Try to explain MP's play

damn_river
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
5 player game (.25/.5). UG limps, weak player. MP limps also with kk. I am pretty confident MP is a very good player, although i haven't seen him play often. I've seen him with big stacks at the .5/1 NL tables and doesn't seem to be easy to take money from at this table. Button, SB, and BB are at least winning players at this limit game.

Why would MP make this play?

dR

scottkenobi
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
There could be a few explainations. 1) He's trying to trap. 2)He's not that great of a player and is scared to play KK like he should because it has been beaten by people playing any A so he's too passive now. Which is good information to know. You might be able to bluff him off KK when an A shows up on the board, but that could be tricky depending on if he'll call you down with KK no matter what. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Scott /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

damn_river
03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I guess what i'm wondering is, can this be a winning strategy? If so, under what circumstances (other than later player on tilt).

dR

djoyce003
03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, he's either passive, which I doubt. Or he's trying for the good ol limp reraise here. Also he could be trying to trap because obviously nobody is going to put him on KK. he could kill someone on a low flop that flops some crappy top pair and overplays it. If you are at a 5 handed table with that many good players, leave.

damn_river
03-02-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are at a 5 handed table with that many good players, leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that.

dR