PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em at 4-6 person tables

sunek
03-02-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi

Here is a short question. When I play hold'em with friends and colleges we often play 4-6 players. All the books and articles I have red so far assume the game takes place at a 10 person table. How do I compensate for that? I mean I should obviously play some pre-flop hands at a 5 person table that I normally would not at a 10 person table. Is their any rule of thumb about which hands should be played at 4-6 person tables?

Best Regards

sunek

Davey
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
I dont play many shorthanded games but from what ive read on here it said to play that hand the same as you would at a full table where it was folded around to you. hopefully someone who plays more shorthanded games can comment on aggression. also check out the Heads-Up & Short-handed forum here. it should have alot of usefull information for your type of game.

deacsoft
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Try posting this in the Heads-up & Short Handed forum.

playersare
03-02-2005, 03:12 PM
a very simplified answer is to play a short handed (5-6 max) game as you would if all hands started from middle position instead of early position. for 3-4 players or less, start all hand strategies from late position.

Isura
03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Some of the material here will probably be too advanced, but definitely worth a read if you are playing a lot of short-handed games. I think there is a short-handed starting chart in one of the links. It's very detailed for 5/6 handed games. Hope it helps.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1215269&fpa rt=&PHPSESSID=

sunek
03-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Thank you for all your answers. I believe the material you have posted is sufficient to improve my game on smaller tables significantly.

Regards

sunek