PDA

View Full Version : ROI variation on day/time (low content)

yanicehand
03-02-2005, 08:07 AM
nothing special, just overlooking some of the "mundane" details of aleomagus' spreadsheet for my last 100 SNGs and noted a few strange stats i have:

saturdays: 20% ITM
saturdays: -10% ROI
dinners: 20% ITM
mondays: 54% ROI
mondays: 60% ITM
evenings: 66.6% ITM
mornings: 66.6% ITM

so you're telling me if i had only played on mondays, evenings, and mornings, id be up absolutely infinite...

its strange the things that go through your head at 4am at the tail end of a 6 hour losing session. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mr_J
03-02-2005, 08:17 AM
Actually Irieguy pointed something out to me around a week ago. The thing that matters is how many people are online. More online = more bad players, and the better the profit. 5pm EST to 10pm EST seems to have around 70k online and they're the hours I've been playing lately. Half of my 380 sngs were played from 12am-10am EST and there is definately a difference. I do run into more 2+2ers from 5pm-10pm though (despite the much larger # of players).

1C5
03-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Those numbers are not significant with only 100 tournaments but I also look for the number of players online.

Hood
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
There are more bad players, but a higher proportion of bad players to good players playing in SNGs is what I think is important.

This makes sense during popular periods as bad players play more during sociable hours outside the normal work time, where pros play all-day long.

Bluff Daddy
03-02-2005, 12:39 PM
I dunno what level yall are playing but the 10's seem to be much tighter to me between 5-10 pm. When I ever get a chance to play during lunch play seems to be much worse. Maybe I just have gotten lucky to get on really easy tables. I just started using the spreadsheet so it will be interesting to see the diff. in the time of days. I still think late night weekends are the best time to play when all the drunk people are on(I assume theyre drunk), cant beat 4 all ins on the first hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

voltron87b
03-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I think that if someone really wants to know these #'s they should organize a thread asking a handful of posters to contribute their ROIs from their spreadsheets at different times of days. Or calculate the difference between their average ROI and their ROI at 8am-3pm, etc. That way it takes account of the fact that someone might be at their peak at a 20% ROI while a 20% ROI is low for someone else.

rachelwxm
03-02-2005, 03:25 PM
You could easily reverse signs for all of your ROIs with another 100 games.