PDA

View Full Version : Level 4/5+ with 6+ players strategies/formulas

Hagrid
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
I play 10+1 STT on Party, does anyone have a basic strategy they stick too when the blinds are high and there are still alot of players? Even when I have a large stack at this point I still find it tricky to play, average stack even more so, small stack not so much as its do or die time.

I think any hand you play you are all in, but what are you raising standards in early position, or late position with limpers?

Hagrid
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM
BUMP

Vee Quiva
03-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I think you are on the right track. Only raise if you are ready to play for all your chips. Hopefully you have some notes on the players by now and you may be able to steal some blinds.

Unparagoned
03-02-2005, 02:18 PM
Depends a little bit on the player, but if you have 6 or 7 players left at 150/300 (at an $11???), then that indicates to me that they're pretty tight. I am pushing almost any two from the button or cutoff. Any time someone limps I don't play unless I have a pair (say 66+), AJ+, or the limper has demonstrated the ability to fold to the all-in re-raise from a LP player. EP I am also folding without one of those hands. It's so easy to pick up chips quickly doing this. Two blind steals nets you 900 chips!!! And if you bust, oh well, there were still six other players in, you weren't even close to the money yet. Small chance of getting caught, massive reward...steal away.