PDA

View Full Version : 99 HU OOP

einbert
03-02-2005, 07:37 AM
This guy was pretty aggressive, but I had only been at the table an orbit or two so no substantial PT data yet.

PF and on the flop he had the "raise any" button clicked.

I'm pretty sure I should have bet the river after he checked behind on the turn. What other mistakes did I make?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to call a bet.

cnfuzzd
03-02-2005, 07:39 AM
seems ok, for the record, i do bet the river though, and with a stronger read i would lead a non-overcard turn.

peace

john nickle

Danenania
03-02-2005, 07:49 AM
Easy 3-bet on the flop. In a blind steal situation he is raising you with tons of overcards and draws. You have an overpair and a gutshot, so reraise it up. No free cards for Mr. aggro.

And as you stated, missing the river bet stinks. He never has a better hand and calls with A-high, maybe worse.

einbert
03-02-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy 3-bet on the flop. In a blind steal situation he is raising you with tons of overcards and draws. You have an overpair and a gutshot, so reraise it up. No free cards for Mr. aggro.

And as you stated, missing the river bet stinks. He never has a better hand and calls with A-high, maybe worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree with you on the flop 3-bet.

Looking back this hand seems really boring and straightforward, makes me wonder why I even posted it.

I would've called a raise on the river if I had bet, FWIW.

stigmata
03-02-2005, 08:35 AM
As they said, 3 bet the flop and lead from there.

People who auto-raise with overcards annoy me to the extreme, and need to be punished /images/graemlins/mad.gif