PDA

View Full Version : PL 600 Party Flop decision

casper
03-02-2005, 06:27 AM
Playing a good ten handed party 600. I have ~1200 Villan has me covered. I don't have much history with the villan, he hasn't shown many hands but he has been min-raising a good bit. I'm in the sb with red kings. The villan min raises from mp and gets a couple callers, I make it 55 to go, villan calls and the rest of the field folds. The flop comes 9c 7c 6c. I bet 125 into the ~150 pot and the villan instantly pots it for 400 more. Whats your move?

fsuplayer
03-02-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing a good ten handed party 600. I have ~1200 Villan has me covered. I don't have much history with the villan, he hasn't shown many hands but he has been min-raising a good bit. I'm in the sb with red kings. The villan min raises from mp and gets a couple callers, I make it 55 to go, villan calls and the rest of the field folds. The flop comes 9c 7c 6c. I bet 125 into the ~150 pot and the villan instantly pots it for 400 more. Whats your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold, or make a really heroic push and prey to god he has AcQx. but if you are ahead here (which isnt very likely at all), then its by the faintest of margins.

with a 500 stack, its a completely different hand, but with all the money left over, im outtie.

edit: forget i mentioned the word push in the post, with that stack, easy toss.

The_Bends
03-02-2005, 11:35 AM
He's waiting for you to bet on the flop and pots it to take it down there. He almost certainly has AA or QQ given your read. Your decision would seem to be whether or not you think he'd have reraised preflop with AA or flat called. With the money that deep and in the absense of a strong read I'd fold.

ggbman
03-02-2005, 11:43 AM
I think this is a pretty easy fold.

casper
03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the responses. It seemed like there were alot of hands he could beat me with that required an aggressive line: 76 two pair, a flopped set, a flopped middle flush scared of overs, but I took my full time wondering if he was just making a move with the dry ace. I agree with the push or fold decision and I went with fold. He said he had aces with the ace of clubs for whatever that is worth...

edit: Had one more question: if I have the king of clubs does this change your decision?