PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands

Nick709
03-02-2005, 06:05 AM
1 guy is a psycho, the othr is a tight passive player.
Any other way to play this?

Party Poker 5/10 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 :#A500AF(PSYCHO)/ raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, PSYCHO calls.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB

This next hand is vs. a TAG and the psycho.

Party Poker 5/10 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $7.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(PSYCHO)/ raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 :#A500AF(PSYCHO)/ caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (21.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (16.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, PSYCHO calls.

River: (28.70 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">PSYCHO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, PSYCHO calls.

Final Pot: 40.70 BB

Yads
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Seems good, I might just call on the river in the first hand though. Most psychos like to raise with big pairs in their pocket PF since they're usually Holdem rejects and think along the same lines pre flop. (Or was he the kind of psycho that just raised everything pre flop?)

2nd hand would've played it the same.

TylerD
03-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Hand 1: If the guy is a complete maniac I would raise the turn with your two pair top kicker (only because MP has folded though), he could easily have just a low draw for example. Hand 2 seems fine.

Nick709
03-02-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems good, I might just call on the river in the first hand though. Most psychos like to raise with big pairs in their pocket PF since they're usually Holdem rejects and think along the same lines pre flop. (Or was he the kind of psycho that just raised everything pre flop?)

2nd hand would've played it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

His stats over 200 hands were 87% VP$IP, 71%PFR and total aggression of 4.19 . Not to mention a 12BB/100hand earning.

Nick709
03-02-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: If the guy is a complete maniac I would raise the turn with your two pair top kicker (only because MP has folded though)

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if maniac would 3-bet any holding about 75% of the time?
Don't get me wrong I thought about it, I just wanted to get my low before I started the punishment.

Moneyline
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Hand 1

Preflop: I like calling here. The hand plays well both ways, but raising seems unlikely to get the pot heads/up and I think you make more $ in a multi-way pot anyway.

Flop: I would rather call. It's possible you have the best low draw and the best high hand at this point, but I don't think you want to get more money in the pot here. The rock most likely has a low draw and your high is vulnerable. With a maniac you're unlikely to get a free card if you don't like the turn. However, if MP3 doesn't play tight postflop, then I think raising becomes the best option.

Turn: The card sucks, but I'd be very happy about MP3 dropping from the pot. I would also call.

River: Great card, time to jam and hope your pair of tens with an ace kicker is good enough to scoop.

Hand 2

Preflop: Considering your read on the opponent it seems like an easy call. The limp/raise, however, is a big red flag. This is a move done to get more money in the pot, as long as UTG isn't crazy expect to be up against at least a suited A2xx hand, but quite possibly something even stronger. Still, I think a call is automatic.

Flop: I would rather call. Even though you're drawing to the nut low and may have the best high hand, the pair of nines is very vulnerable and unlikely to hold up against two opponents. Your low could easily be drawing to only 1/4 of the pot with UTG, so I don't think you want to raise and potentially drive people out. Even though the pot has already been raised by the maniac, it's quite possible that the other players won't respect the raise and will tag along as if they only had to call one bet.

Turn: Now I like the raise, but I think the cap is a little reckless. UTG seems to be a sensible player, so I think you have to put him on the nut low after he calls the first raise. Considering UTG's preflop limp/raise there aren't any other hands that make sense for this player to have. A straight and top set are both highly unlikely. The nut flush draw is a possible holding, but I think less likely considering the flop (2 low cards with the 2d). Your high hand may be best, but it's very vulnerable and psycho could easily have some sort of big draw or garbage set on that board. So once it's 3-bet I would just call.

River: Now I'd jam. The psycho is unlikely to have you beat either way and I strongly suspect UTG is sharing the low with you. The psycho may have 98xx, but I don't think you need to play in fear of that. I think you are a heavy favorite to take 3/4.

Nick709
03-03-2005, 04:13 AM
In hand two the weird part was I took 3/4 and split the high with the maniac. The TAG was coming along the whole way with A22Q.