View Full Version : Question for Swedes/Europeans with Neteller cards

Limpfold
03-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Recently I have encountered problems with cashing out money with my Netellercard in Sweden.
The ATM simply tell me there is a technical failure, I have tried about every kind of different ATM there is (Minuten/Nordea/Handelsbanken etc) and noone will work.
I was recently in USA and had no problems there, I also talked to a friend in China and he got no problem cashing out either.
This is starting to piss me off real bad now so I just wonder if other swedes/europeans have same problems or it could just be something wrong with my card??

Dariel86
03-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Working fine for me in Finland

-Dariel

stlip
03-02-2005, 07:35 AM
I've used it in France and USA with no problems (except for getting raped on forex calculations from $ to Canadian and then to euro).

fullhouse
03-02-2005, 08:21 AM
No problems in Germany...

greetz

fullhouse

Rudbaeck
03-02-2005, 09:28 AM
I've had this problem repeatedly, as has the others I know who use(d) it here in Sweden.

Just wait until you get the more dreaded form of this. You get 'technical error', but the ATM claims it gave you cash and it's removed from your card. It clears up fast enough, you just have to get the exact transaction number and talk to Neteller and they contact the bank. But it's annoying as hell. (Happened once to me, twice to the flatmate, once to the guy who introduced us to online poker.)

Bankwire all the way.

You did notice that all the banks have 1.2% charge for currency conversion I hope. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Taxidriver
03-02-2005, 09:46 AM

Limpfold
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
But is it at all possible to get the cash out or should I start cashing out with checks?

Rudbaeck
03-02-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But is it at all possible to get the cash out or should I start cashing out with checks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is.

And you should use a bankwire from Neteller and not a cheque - that is if you deicde to ditch the card.

Limpfold
03-02-2005, 01:33 PM
It's just to talk to Neteller to set that up? And how are the fees compared to using the cashcard?

Rudbaeck
03-02-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just to talk to Neteller to set that up? And how are the fees compared to using the cashcard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you need to talk to them. I think they charge $12.95 for a bank wire, which means that any withdrawal over $1000 is better off as a bank wire. (Probably any withdrawal if you live in Sweden, as banks don't charge the 1.2% currency exchange fee on wires. Atleast not FSB.)

Duckstabber
03-03-2005, 01:52 AM
No problems for me in Denmark.

Fat_Cat
03-03-2005, 03:02 AM
An alternative to the bank wire from Neteller might be depositing into Multipoker, who will wire the money to most european banks free of charge.

I've tried this with Nordea and it worked great.

Rudbaeck
03-03-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
An alternative to the bank wire from Neteller might be depositing into Multipoker, who will wire the money to most european banks free of charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do this once only now, after that they remove your bank wire option. Guess they got sick of paying the fees for people who don't play.

doppler
03-03-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do this once only now, after that they remove your bank wire option. Guess they got sick of paying the fees for people who don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

And itīs also very slow.

Adde
03-03-2005, 04:08 PM
You did notice that all the banks have 1.2% charge for currency conversion I hope. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I feel screwed over, and left without a trail. SEB charged 1.65% in conversion fees when I sent the money from Eurobet to my debit card.

Adde

Zelcious
03-07-2005, 09:33 AM
The first time it took several days but after that only one day. I cashed out from multipoker 5 times before I got a phone call from someone telling me that that was the last time if I didn't play on their site. So the question is how much do I have to play ? I don't get any rakeback from multipoker so I loose alot of money if I play there but I like there cashout option, seems like there is no fees at all.

_And1_
03-07-2005, 01:03 PM
SEB vs Adde... ding ding ding. ..let the fight begin /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelcious - Well, that s the point, if you are to cash out free of charge you better pay your rake there. If you dont like to pay for the service then dont use it...

Netellers wire transfer is still the best option, cheap, fast and flawless...