PDA

View Full Version : where do you keep large online bankrolls?

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 03:59 AM
what are the most secure places to keep money online, and immediately accessible (to poker accounts, etc., not as cash)?

i'm a canuck so i can't keep my poker roll in a bank account accessible to neteller, since i don't want to incur the exchange rate charges.

how reliable is neteller? how do i know they're not going to go bankrupt? what will happen if they do?

how reliable are the party skins? is money in the accounts "guaranteed" by the party network, or are the skins individually responsible? i trust that party won't go bankrupt anytime soon, but i'm not 100% confident about some of the skins.

any insights and recommendations would be appreciated.

Punker
03-02-2005, 04:02 AM
NETeller is a publicly traded company, with an office in Calgary. Give them a ring and maybe they'll take you on a tour.

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Give them a ring and maybe they'll take you on a tour.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, i'll just hop in a cab. it's only aboot 3000km away.

thanks for pointing that out though. i thought it was privately owned. i feel safer already.

BradleyT
03-02-2005, 04:08 AM
You shoulda bought Neteller Stock (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NLR.L&t=1y)

foldmasta
03-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Spread it around...

- Neteller
- Party Poker
- WSEX (World Sports Exchange / World Poker Exchange)
- Pinnacle Sports
- Pokerstars
- Olympic Sports

and you'll sleep like a baby...

Mr. Graff
03-02-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Spread it around...

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly.

astroglide
03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
they all connect to iglobalmedia's servers. if one of the skins died surely its assets woudl be transferred to another skin. i don't worry about my money on poker sites and i keep a decent amount on there.

maurile
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
RakeFree.com

krishanleong
03-02-2005, 01:16 PM
I keep my extra extra bankroll in an ing savings account. It's about 2-3 days to my bank, 2-3 days to neteller. So liquid to a poker site in 4-6 days. Meanwhile it earns interest.

Krishan

Kablooie
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
You might want to see if your bank will let you have a US dollar savings account. I know Toronto Dominion does these.

krishanleong
03-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Interest rates at banks are crap. I had a money markey account at Wachovia earning .75% ING is currently giving 2.6%

Krishan

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to see if your bank will let you have a US dollar savings account. I know Toronto Dominion does these.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there any practical way of getting money to and from poker sites from a US dollar account in canada?

i know neteller won't allow it.

hypermegachi
03-02-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

is there any practical way of getting money to and from poker sites from a US dollar account in canada?

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm also a canuck. as far as i know, we're screwed. you could get a US checkings account at a canadian bank, but they either charge insane fees or crappy yearly fees. some online US banks exist, but you need to be a US citizen.

so...simple solution? cash out sparingly.

Kablooie
03-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok, make that another black strike against Neteller - i didn't realise they discriminated on bank accounts like that.

Hmm, what about using IGMPAY to a canadian US dollar account? That should work shouldn't it?

poker-penguin
03-02-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? You mean I can't send money from my Canadian bank account to neteller, then to a poker site, then home to NZ (free wire transfer is worth the few day's delay)?

Is this policy, experience, or rumour?

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WTF? You mean I can't send money from my Canadian bank account to neteller, then to a poker site, then home to NZ (free wire transfer is worth the few day's delay)?

Is this policy, experience, or rumour?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't attach a US dollar bank account in canada to a neteller account. canadian dollar accounts work fine.

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, what about using IGMPAY to a canadian US dollar account? That should work shouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think so. how would this be done?

Kablooie
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I would presume you'd just stick your Canadian US dollar account number into the IGMPAY form for the cashout, at a poker site of your choice. Or am i missing something here?

Reef
03-02-2005, 06:25 PM
it's probably already been said, but Neteller is VERY safe.

I keep bout 500BB in poker acct. and an extra 2-3k in Neteller for whoring.

stinkypete
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would presume you'd just stick your Canadian US dollar account number into the IGMPAY form for the cashout, at a poker site of your choice. Or am i missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

no such option exists at party skins. i'm pretty sure IGMPAY is US only.

KaiShin
03-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Canadians can't open IGM-Pay accounts, which is why we all use Neteller /images/graemlins/smile.gif

poker-penguin
03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Phew - because I need to pay off my credit card.

crazy canuck
03-02-2005, 10:53 PM
WORST AVATAR EVER

AA suited
03-03-2005, 01:32 AM
keep $1000 in neteller for bonus reasons.

the rest in a bank. 3days max to have it xferred to/from paypro

slickpoppa
03-03-2005, 01:34 AM
www.dutchboyd.com (http://www.dutchboyd.com)

stinkypete
03-03-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

the rest in a bank. 3days max to have it xferred to/from paypro

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for reading the thread before replying.