PDA

View Full Version : A8o in the BB, and I am passive on flop and duckin out early?

MAxx
03-02-2005, 01:12 AM
These are some real loose passive cats:

SB is 54/0/.5
UTG is 55/5/1.05

While I have TPTK on the flop, it is highly coordinated and I have not seen SB lead before. So I decide to call, and see what turn brings. UTG raising is also kind of unusual, so I am very hesitant on the turn and bow out. Is this wrong?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds...

dave44
03-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Looks fines as long as you've got a large enough sample from SB to be confident in that read.

Stork
03-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Considering how passive SB is, the small pot, and the 3 players behind you, fold the flop. If you're not gunna fold it, raise.

Victor
03-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Raise the flop. You are likely ahead and folding overcards is good for you here.

Joe826
03-02-2005, 01:56 AM
i dunno man. players will suprise you, and with such an insanely drawy board there's an extremely high chance both of these players are betting hands you beat.

even though it feels kinda weird i think calling SB's bet with the intention of raising a safe turn card is a good idea. i continue with the plan after UTG raises, but if SB 3-bets i'm outta there.

if a spade, a 5, or an 8 falls on the turn, i'd just fold. on the other hand, the pot is tiny when the action comes to you. meh, i still like my plan /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

maxpowers21
03-02-2005, 04:34 AM
easy raise on the flop. Like victor says you are likely to be good here, many hands would lead that type of flop with some draw, weak or strong, even a passive player. You are in perfect position to raise out the field. Calling is very weak tight; you let tons of draws in to beat you for cheap and you have no idea if your hand is good if bet into again with any various turn scare cards. I prefer folding over calling the flop and i wouldn't fold there.

Michael Davis
03-02-2005, 04:38 AM
I think you should fold on the flop. Having the ace of spades might swing that to something different, but I'm not sure. His aggression is so low and limpers often hit a part of that board, and if they do, they're not folding for two bets. The bot isn't big enough to warrant continuing in this nasty reverse implied odds situation. What cards do you want to hit the turn? There aren't many.

The fact that this is a 6-max games and that you're opponents are so damn loose might warrant a raise.

-Michael

rory
03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Fold the flop.

MAxx
03-02-2005, 11:03 AM
well I think i am getting good advice here too. i normally wouldnt call here (it's usually an autoraise), but i really didn't like the sb's lead.

i now think i should have raised or folded flop, and then dipped out when the sh!t starts to hit the fan.

After I folded to sb's turn lead, UTG raised, SB Reraised, UTG capped.

The river paired and was also capped.

UTG tabled T9o for the flopped straight, but lost to the SB who showed QQ for the top boat.

USCSigma1097
03-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Those are the kind of hands that make me seriously consider taking my computer and smashing it against a wall when i'm on the losing end of it.

That is all
Sigma