PDA

View Full Version : Litter bug at a stoplight & a little road rage

juanez
03-02-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm driving along today in the fast lane and this old, crappy, primer covered Camaro cuts me off and slows to a crawl. It's a 45 MPH zone and he slows me down to like 25. Traffic goes whizzing by on the right. I get a chance to change lanes to the right and pass him. I do such pass only to get caught at the next stop light, where he pulls up next to me.

As the light turns green I accelerate normally and go on my merry way. Camaro goon limps along at first, then guns it and flies past me only to get in front of me, slam on his brakes and slow to a crawl once again. Now I'm getting a little annoyed.

I try to pass on the left and he cuts me off again when there was nobody in front of him at all. I wasn't being aggressive, just trying to pick up my dog from the vet. Grrr.

At the next light, he's directly in front of me. He turns around and looks right at me with a really pissed off look. I just shrug and raise my hands with a "What's up?" look on my face.

He grimaces, shakes his head and proceeds to throw trash out the window. A lot of trash: pop cans, McDonalds bag, etc. And he really threw it - like cross the median and into the oncoming lanes. Then he turns and looks at me again with this smile on his face... I think WTF? At this point I made sure my PPK was within easy reach.

The guy is obviously a scumbag, but I was amazed that even a scumbag would have the nads to litter so blatantly like this right in front of a dozen other people in broad daylight.

Littering is one of my biggest pet peeves. Would you do anything, like flip him the bird or whatever, or would you simply ignore the scumbag.

Skip Brutale
03-02-2005, 01:05 AM
He sounds kind of insane. I don't see much to gain by flipping him the bird, he could have a gun. You played it smart by not doing anything.

nothumb
03-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Shoot out his tires.

NT

Edge34
03-02-2005, 01:07 AM
Depending on how far I had to go, I would AT LEAST flip the guy the bird. If I had a long way to go and was on the highway, I'd probably also do my best to cut him off and pretty much everything in my power to [censored] with him.

I hate douchebags, and I have probably the worst tolerance for stupid people in the world. People are highly entertained when I'm driving them places because of all the bitching I do about ass-clowns on the road.

Edge34
03-02-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He sounds kind of insane. I don't see much to gain by flipping him the bird, he could have a gun. You played it smart by not doing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

"At this point I make sure my PPK is within easy reach."

I don't think he's got too much to worry about - but then again, I'm not exactly a pacifist when it comes to people [censored] with me on the road...

Reef
03-02-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Shoot out his tires.

[/ QUOTE ]

And throw some coins out your window at his car. [censored] up his paint.

mmbt0ne
03-02-2005, 01:27 AM
I came to a complete stop on a 55 mph road once when someone was doing that to me. I had finally got in front of him again after a bunch of his stupid [censored]. The road had just lost a lane, so it was one lane going in our direction now, and I didn't slam on my brakes, just came to a nice stop right there. When he openned his door I started to go again.

crosse91
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
show him the ppk.
that'll make him back off-unless he has a very strong inclination towards death.

and whats with the ppk-you james bond?

nothumb
03-02-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, just a Gang Starr fan, I'm guessing.

NT

rusellmj
03-02-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
show him the ppk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent way to start a gunfight.

Russ

Prof. Chaos
03-02-2005, 01:50 AM
take his license plate info and report him.

Edge34
03-02-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
show him the ppk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent way to start a gunfight.

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if the other guy doesn't have one. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Plus, if you're moving at all, it shouldn't be too hard to get away from a guy whose only option if he really wants to shoot you is either stop or try to drive and shoot.

What's with everybody always being so nervous - oh don't bother him, he might have a gun and kill you and your entire family, even the cousins that live over in France right now.

Guess I WILL have to remember juanez has one, in case I'm ever unlucky enough to piss him off on the roads. Of course, based on his description, I don't think I'll have a problem with it since I don't START things - I just finish 'em. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

nothumb
03-02-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with everybody always being so nervous - oh don't bother him, he might have a gun and kill you and your entire family, even the cousins that live over in France right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, paranoia is out of control. But people do flip out in cars from time to time.

Once when I was 16 I was driving my [censored] up Dodge Neon with like 200 bumper stickers through a parking lot, and some guys in a big Ford truck cut me off. Like, really bad, I came close to hitting them and had to swerve and break. Anyway, I honked and flipped them the bird out the window.

Dude turns around and gets behind me. At a red light he comes up beside the car all in a huff.

"You just flip the [censored] bird at me?"
"Yeah, you cut me off..."
"I didn't cut you off you little fucker!"
"Yeah you did, I almost..."
"Shut the [censored] up!"
(At which point he tried to punch me through the open window, but the angle was all wrong, he kind of struck a glancing blow.)

I yelled something really stupid like, "Hey, watch it!" As if he had been trying to kill a fly on my seat and missed. Then the light changed and I pulled off and gunned it out of there. I was surprised and scared and didn't even think to just whack the guy with the door.

Anyway, this kind of [censored] does happen from time to time.

NT

Skip Brutale
03-02-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on how far I had to go, I would AT LEAST flip the guy the bird. If I had a long way to go and was on the highway, I'd probably also do my best to cut him off and pretty much everything in my power to [censored] with him.

I hate douchebags, and I have probably the worst tolerance for stupid people in the world. People are highly entertained when I'm driving them places because of all the bitching I do about ass-clowns on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of cutting him off, so you can keep getting more and more angry at each other and escalating the levels of agression? Have some maturity.

nothumb
03-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I agree, this was maybe the worst answer in the thread.

InchoateHand used to pull this move where anytime an asshat tourist would be crowding him from behind, he'd pull over, let them pass, and then drive right up their ass for a few minutes no matter how fast they were going. Racing up to 70 mph, then passing them in his [censored] up old Skylark like a lunatic. He told me he can do it because his car is old and weird looking, so they can't be sure he's not some hillbilly on meth. And he can tell they're soft because they drive an SUV with soccer stickers on it.

I'll let him elaborate.

NT

Edge34
03-02-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of cutting him off, so you can keep getting more and more angry at each other and escalating the levels of agression? Have some maturity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least I know you won't be cutting me off anytime soon...

I'll normally leave it at returning the favor. Honestly, though, I could care less if some boneheaded driver who's not paying attention gets a little ticked that I'm repaying the favor. Not everybody has a gun, and even those that do, 99% of them aren't gonna use it.

Of course, I could just sit back and let the random douchebag go on thinking that their ignorance is OK, but I really don't feel like stupid people should just get away with it.

Now, I'm also not a normally aggressive driver. Actually, I'm one of the most cautious drivers ever, I just know what I can do and when to do it. Normally my anger goes away once I let them know I'm there, and I just enjoy a good laugh while Mr. "I barely passed Driver's Ed" gets pissed. Maybe it'll be good for them and teach them a little something. And if not, oh well, it was good for a laugh.

Different strokes for different folks. I won't ever cross the line into dangerous driving (swerving between lanes quickly, etc.), and only make moves I know I can do. I'm sure you'll tell me I can never be sure, but hey, we're different people...

juanez
03-02-2005, 02:53 AM
show him the ppk.

Nah, flashing a gun can get you into HUGE trouble. Only reveal a weapon if you intend to use it.

Not quite. The PPK is just a good carry pistol - fits nicely into the small of my back and is comfortable. PPK's are actually a terrible gun to shoot, like at the range or whatever. Just really easy to conceal.

juanez
03-02-2005, 02:57 AM

Yeah, I was a bit pissed for a minute, then realized that it's because of douches like this guy that I moved to the mountains to begin with and quickly cooled off. It's a waste of my time to let jerk offs ruin my day.

juanez
03-02-2005, 03:01 AM
Nobody commented about the fact that this douche was throwing trash around. This pissed me off more than his lack of driving etiquette. Again, littering is one of my hugest pet peeves.

JDErickson
03-02-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody commented about the fact that this douche was throwing trash around. This pissed me off more than his lack of driving etiquette. Again, littering is one of my hugest pet peeves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Numero Uno peeve of mine is sitting behind some jerk at a stop light and watching him toss his lit butt out the window.

One time at a Walmart parking lot I'm walking beside a piece of [censored] pickup truck. Old guy tosses his empty cig pack out the window. I pick it up and toss it back in at him. He mumbles something about "thanks"

SCfuji
03-02-2005, 03:35 AM
i hate littering too. one of my best friends always places his empty baskin 31 cups or empty soda cans and cups on the ground when we stop at stop lights. i yell at him everytime. now with flashing a gun, it will either scare the villain off or tempt him to flash his gun too. you win the same as walking away from this whole ordeal but you tend to lose a lot (your life) if this guy is insane enough (and his actions display qualities of maniacness). the most id do is report him to the police and put the matter in their hands. if they decide to act great. if not, oh well. he will get whats coming to him eventually.

the last thing i do now when people anger me on the road is to retaliate. i think i conquered this problem soon after i realized i tilted terribly when i began playing this poker game last year. i was lucky to have quelled both simultaneously as well as increase my tolerance for idiocy. i do tilt, but when i do i quit and it takes many beatings upon beatings to get me edgy.

daveymck
03-02-2005, 05:33 AM
I am usure what a ppk is and know you are allowed guns ins ome parts of the states but is carrying a gun concealed in the small of your back not illegal? And why would you anyway on a day to day basis, one in the house ok I understand, one in the car glovebox ok I understand but one on your person?

private joker
03-02-2005, 06:17 AM
I was driving on a residential street once and a big white SUV ran a stop sign and almost flew out into the road where my car was about to be. I swerved and he stopped, then pulled right out anyway right behind me. I looked in my rear-view mirror at him and threw my hands up as if to say "what the hell was that?"

Wrong move.

He gunned his SUV and pulled up along side me. I immediately slowed down to let him pass, thinking he would just get on. But he slammed on his brakes once he was next to me and flung a cup of sprite into my car (sunny day in L.A., windows were open). It hit me in the face and sprayed soda all over my upholstry.

I came to a complete stop and tried to shake off what just happened. He stayed next to me and yelled out: "Wanna take me on, motherf[/i]ucker? Huh? Wanna take me on?"

My answer: "Uh, no."

"Then what's your problem, motherf[/i]ucker? Huh?"

"Nothing. I'm sorry."

"You better be sorry, motherf[/i]ucker!" Then he sped off.

I've since learned not to even try to interact with psychotic as[/i]sholes on the road.

daveymck
03-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I had someone do somthing similar, he would not get out of the outside lane I flashed but would not move, so I undertook him stuck two gingers up at him and sped off.

He followed me all the way to work (about 5 miles) I jumped out the car and ran into work as he was obiously a psycho, but he followed me in. Came into my office people around me so I stood up walked towards him and said "whats your problem" he put his hand in his pocket pulled out his wallet and showed his police warrent card. He was off duty but reckoned he was going to do me of course nothing ever happened and the fact he chased me like a psycho would have been my defense.