PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing the PL?

AZK
03-02-2005, 12:49 AM
All the NL lists are full and the games seem just as good, just curious to see if there are other players I have to worry about. I wouldn't mind exchanging names with some people to stay out of each other's hair. Plus I can now know who I'm dumping all these chips too.

Side note, Pot-limit is fun, it's really forcing me to work on my betting as I can't just throw my stack in at will. Anyone that's interested in a change from standard NL should check it out. I think it's actually harder than NL. Just my thoughts after a day or so of it. Obviously, the pots reach a point where it essentially is NL, but I find the preflop/flop play very different.

Specifically, I find myself check-raising a lot more so that I can get more money into the pot rather than just betting at it.

soah
03-02-2005, 01:32 AM
I played at one of the PL tables for a while. I just saw a table with an average pot of $700 and I was like hey, that's a lot better than the table I'm at now where it's folded around to the blinds every other hand. It was [censored] insane; every hand was raised preflop and all the money was going in whenever someone had an overpair... or top pair... or any pair.

NL and PL really play about the same... it's not THAT often that a situation comes up where you really really need to overbet the pot.

morello
03-02-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's not THAT often that a situation comes up where you really really need to overbet the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post flop I agree, but preflop it's pretty common.

LuvDemNutz
03-02-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played at one of the PL tables for a while. I just saw a table with an average pot of $700 and I was like hey, that's a lot better than the table I'm at now where it's folded around to the blinds every other hand. It was [censored] insane; every hand was raised preflop and all the money was going in whenever someone had an overpair... or top pair... or any pair.

NL and PL really play about the same... it's not THAT often that a situation comes up where you really really need to overbet the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have also noticed a lot more bad players at the PL tables as opposed to NL tables lately.