PDA

View Full Version : 1-2 Live AJo on the button

Borno
03-01-2005, 11:09 PM
SB and BB are maniacs, they call everything (especially BB) and even raise with nothing. I saw BB call $20 pf with 29 clubs. He then called 30 on the flop and 60 on the turn while heads up, then hit his flush on the river.

I'm on the button with AJo.

Everyone folds up until MP3, he limps. My read on this guy is typical passive.

I raise $10 to steal the blinds. I have done this twice before in the night on the button and have gotten screwed both times (getting a flop that is checked to me, betting it with nothing to steal but getting reraised). I know this play is +EV, but I realize that I made a mistake here because of the maniacs to my left -- since they are so LAG and crazy betting cant be +EV, I will surely be bet out unless I hit a monster by chance.

But I did this anyway. SB calls, BB calls, MP3 raises to $30.

My thought process here: A typical passive player would likely not be open-limping then reraising on AK, AA, or KK.

Therefore, I think I'm ahead or have 2 overs so I call.

SB folds, BB calls.

Stack Sizes at this point:

BB Stack Size: $450
MP3 Stack Size: $62
Hero Stack Size: $117

Pot: ~$100

Flop: 6d 7c Ac

BB checks, MP3 goes all-in $62, Hero calls, BB calls.

I thought about this call for a long time. I realize that $62 is only 2/3 of the pot and this bet might get calls as a value bet, but a typical passive player would bet less or even slow play a set here. 66, 77 are unlikely to raise as he did pf. I simply think I'm ahead here, I don't feel MP3's pf play made too much sense, I think he's on a stone cold bluff... plus I think BB will fold making me a likely winner.

Turn: 4d

Pot: ~$286

BB checks, Hero Checks

I think I'm blown out of the water when he calls here. I could have bet, but there are now 2 flush draws, a straight draw and an A out there. I have $55 left and figure with a pot this big, he'll call me no matter what. If I give him a free card he may or may not hit / he may already have me beat. Why risk the last of my stack?

River: 10c

BB checks, Hero checks

What are your thoughts on all my lines?

What does a limp reraise from late position mean?

Results in white:

<font color="white"> MP3 Mucks, BB shows 45 for his up and down straight draw on the flop. Hero Wins $286 </font>

tbach24
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
I think that limping in is preferable. The rest of the hand is good.